Datsun/Nissan Wheels Chocks

Ped

Club Member
I have sourced two sets of original Nissan wheel chocks, should have them in the next few days. I don't have a set and am not sure the UK model had them as standard? Not overly bothered if they are totally correct for my car, but just wondered if anyone knows when they were changed from the static type to the fold up type?

chocks1.jpg

chock-111.png
chock-222.png

Also, it seems there are two versions of the early folding type, so wondered which were original to the 280zx in 1979/80, or were they still shipping out the static ones? One set has a circular hole in centre of each plate (later?), the other is the similar but no hole (earlier)?

Oh, and yes... I do have too much time on my hands... :D

Ped

Club Member
Wheel chocks arrived! Have not been able to find any of the fold up ones online that have the round hole in them? Maybe they changed them quite quickly?

Haven't made my mind up as to which pair to keep... the agony of choice EXTRA:D. May be up for selling off one pair if anyone is interested...?

early_chock.jpg

later_chock.jpg

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My 1970 US car has a set, would have to check which type though. Completely forgotten! lol

Ped

Club Member
Found this image on japanesenostalgiccar.com. This is a 1983 280zx (US market) tool kit. The chocks are very similar to one of the sets I got, so that's good enough form me.

Will need to see exactly what came with mine, I have forgotten, but no chocks. I took the spare wheel nuts out years ago, as I didn't think they were part of the tool kit. Will see if I can find all the bits.

1983-Datsun-280ZX-Turbo-Jade-Gray-11.png

Have a spare bag for them if they don't fit in the tool bag in the car. Probably from the Nissan Stanza I had years ago. Got the spanners etc somewhere too.

Will put the static chocks on Classifieds if anyone wants them. (Now Sold)

chock_with_bag.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_S

Club Member
I just had a look in the garage to find the chocks I bought about 2 years before I got the 240Z!

They are of the folding variety but without any holes. I've not idea about their age.

Both of them have perished rubber straps inside and one has been run over but they have character!

Ped

Club Member
I just had a look in the garage to find the chocks I bought about 2 years before I got the 240Z!

They are of the folding variety but without any holes. I've not idea about their age.

Both of them have perished rubber straps inside and one has been run over but they have character!

Rubber perished in the ones I am keeping, but it wont affect how they work.

Ped

Club Member
Had a rummage around the workshop and have pulled together a complete tool kit for the Zed. All of it in surprisingly good condition, the screwdrivers look brand new. The 8-10mm Nissan spanner is from another kit, so not sure it would have ever been there.

Once all the bits are back in the bag it is full, so have put the chocks in the smaller Nissan bag. There was some other random rubbish in the kit, eg: bits of fules line, jubilee clips, and another a crappy screwdriver. Everything cleaned up very nice.

280zx_tool_kit.jpg