Datsun at the Modena Cento Ore 2016 | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Datsun at the Modena Cento Ore 2016

Discussion in 'Rally & race' started by CheZ, Jun 24, 2016.

1. CheZ

CheZ New Forum User

Got a couple of photos of this while I was in Italy with the Backup vehicle following two Ferrari 250SWB's.

Asked the co driver about the specs as could not fined the Driver. 2.8L running trip Webbers. Not sure of internals. Ran strong no problems and sounded great!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  2. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

I love these classic events.

Z looks good.

Thanks.

3. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Amand's car, is (or at least) was looked after by Ad in Holland and was bought from a German (or Swiss ?) hill-climber.

I notice that the roof has changed (no longer with air vents) - did it still have that funny little side exiting exhaust ?

Attached Files:

4. CheZ

CheZ New Forum User

Thats the one Sean, yea it had the single side pipe although it looked a little different, bigger bore I think.

The event was very good fun, hard work but pretty certain all cars ran strong and only a few retirements from a 90 strong crowd that started.

5. CheZ

CheZ New Forum User

A few more pics, Track is Imola and the start was in Rimini. Great country roads back there!!

Attached Files:

6. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Do you have any results - a web link perhaps please ?

7. CheZ

CheZ New Forum User

8. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Thanks.

9. z-spec

z-spec New Forum User

This is the ex Klaus Fritzinger 240z , klaus was a famous german rally driver and was driving til his late 70e , we prepared the car for the modena cento oro and is now in our workshop for a brake and suspension upgrade and we are building a new engine for the car

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  10. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Looks like a cool event :)

Its great to see these cars still being used in competition and hear they're being driven hard.