Datsun 510 for sale (not mine).

JK240

Club Member
I have a friend who has a Datsun 510 1600 deluxe 4 door for sale.

Imported from South Africa last year and as yet unregistered in the UK, although all the documentation is available to register in the UK, all tax/VAT/duty paid.

Car is located near London and will be £10k. If anyone is interested PM me and I can put you in touch.

Cheers,

JK

.PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-49.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-50.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-51.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-51_1.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-52.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-52_1.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-53.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-53_1.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-54.jpg PHOTO-2021-03-11-13-45-55.jpg

datsfun

Club Member
Looks like a decent example, :) I believe this came in same shipment as yours ?

Any engine bay pictures ?

Imported from South Africa last year and as yet unregistered in the UK, although all the documentation is available to register in the UK, all tax/VAT/duty paid.

For the sake of £55 and some form filling, I would strongly recommend getting it registered with DVLA and offering it for sale thereafter.

I have heard many horror stories about cars from South africa needing dating letters, documents being sub standard etc...

My 10p:)

JK240

Club Member
Looks like a decent example, :) I believe this came in same shipment as yours ?

Any engine bay pictures ?

For the sake of £55 and some form filling, I would strongly recommend getting it registered with DVLA and offering it for sale thereafter.

I have heard many horror stories about cars from South africa needing dating letters, documents being sub standard etc...

My 10p:)

It came from the same seller in SA as my car and was imported in the same container using the same shipping agent, the owner imported this and a 2 door which he is keeping and has registered using the documentation provided at the time and I too registered my car again with the provided documentation with no difficulty during the first lockdown last year when the DVLA were effectively shut.

I'm sure the seller has his reason's for not registering this car yet however any potential purchaser need have no doubts that the paper work is all present and correct despite any anecdotal 'horror stories' you may have heard that have no relevence or bearing on this particular vehicle.

JK

datsfun

Club Member
It came from the same seller in SA as my car and was imported in the same container using the same shipping agent, the owner imported this and a 2 door which he is keeping and has registered using the documentation provided at the time and I too registered my car again with the provided documentation with no difficulty during the first lockdown last year when the DVLA were effectively shut.

I'm sure the seller has his reason's for not registering this car yet however any potential purchaser need have no doubts that the paper work is all present and correct despite any anecdotal 'horror stories' you may have heard that have no relevence or bearing on this particular vehicle.

JK

Nothing anecdotal :rolleyes:- I know of a 1974 180b, 1979 160J and a 1971 510 2 door sss that have been imported from South Africa and owners are struggling to get DVLA to issue UK plates. I believe the SA cars were assembled at Rossyln plant ?? ..and not sure if there is a credible motor organisation, car club etc in SA that has a log of the VIN and manufacture dates etc. Nissan UK/Japan/SA have been unable to assist. I dont have specifics of what is missing /wrong with their paperwork and DVLA applications.

At no point have I suggested that the same challenges apply to THIS car. It just takes the uncertainty away for a potential buyer if it already has UK plates, that's all...

tyroguru

Club Member
I need a bigger garage

Definitely! My garage is a reasonable size but only room for 1 car with the rest of the crud. I'd *love* a 510. Probably best that I can't fit anything in or I think I'd buy a 510 or a Roadster. The new galvanised stuff can stay outside in the rain!