Datsun 240z sale London UK . £26,000

johnymd

Club Member
Been mentioned. Looks good but let down by a few details and the wheels he bought off his mate with the triumph spitfire.

richiep

Club Member
It really needs some decent number plates too - looks silly with the long one bent across the rear panel.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
S-steel trim missing from front and rear screen, wheels easily changed but do it no favours, neither do the chunky mirrors.

johnymd

Club Member
Its quit easy to say the words rust free but its very hard, if not impossible, for the buyer to check if this is true.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Interested in your opinion.
Ok, so long as the discussion doesn't degrade into a ping-pong match of 'opinions'.:)

I bought mine for £3750 back in '89 and it was last valued at £10 back in '93...when I should have sold it because of moving to Holland and w/out a garage.

I was lucky enough to buy a running, complete LHD Z for £2500 back in 2004/5 and all of this amazes me that you...and probably more (looking at the latest Ebay bidding) don't blink an eye at £25k and even doubt it as being the 'correct' price.

I agree because I know what it costs to buy the raw material ie car, the work upon it and then add in all the parts and even finding half of them costs more time and money !

So yes, agreed with you.

Prices reflect demand, we know that the supply is limited and even US stocks are drying up and especially becomming expensive which automatically bumps up the end price.....but prices also reflect desire (Zedheads' comments) and ultimately the cost of restoring them :

it is simply that the Z has yet to catch up with other contempories whose costs of restoring are inferior to their resale prices.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Good points there mate. I think that there have been a lot of people recently who have sold themselves short because they just happen to have undervalued the car. I know of a few over the last couple of years that have gone for very strong money, that the end of the spectrum that the values need to come down from.