Datsun 240Z in 'Sameria' Spec | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Datsun 240Z in 'Sameria' Spec

Discussion in 'Classifieds discussion' started by SeanDezart, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:29 AM.

1. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

2. Mr Ex Jnr

Mr Ex Jnr Zeds is the way iv been shown Staff Member

Strange they never mention spike anderson in the add

3. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

I don't have a clue what this'll go for - nor does the seller by the sounds of it. Wonder what the reserve is?

4. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Maybe its a Kevin irobs car....

5. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Another one not on the ‘Register’

Number 163 of 75 :)

slaphead and Mr Ex Jnr like this.
  6. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

This will be interesting to follow - and a candidate for a LHD shell surely.

7. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

The Z Club promoting ringers now ?:rolleyes:

datsfun likes this.
  8. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

Why do you say 'ringers'? It can be done legally.

Also don't interpret everything I say as Z Club representation.

slaphead likes this.
  9. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Seller won’t divulge reserve...!

10. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Legally ? How so ?

Noted.

11. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Forum User

Personally think anything over 4K for this and you’d be at a loss using a good solid base car to fix it.

12. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

IF.....it is/was a genuine Samuri and so far I don't see any solid proof, 240Zs were fetching +£40k but not everyone restores to sell.

Mr Ex Jnr likes this.
  13. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

I think its cool that cars like this still occasionally show up. But, as per Dan's comment, there are practical limits on what is worth it. The whole original RHD, possible Samuri provenance thing doesn't change the fact that the car has some nasty rot that affects the practicality and cost effectiveness of restoration. Reshelling is the most sensible option IMO (IF its a genuine Samuri - otherwise its just a rough RHD donor car with a Samuri-style red manifold), but that really depends on what the reserve is for this car.

14. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Forum User

I bid on it but only for parts for my conversion..! I’ll go no higher.

richiep likes this.
  15. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Let’s be clear, swapping it’s id to another shell is ringing. There’s no grey area, it’d be a ringer. Which would have no value.

Woody928 and SeanDezart like this.
  16. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

My bet is that the reserve will be far higher than it should be!

17. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Agreed that it's cool and that there is a limit upon its' sale value BUT the value is the price to be attained at the end of this auction whether we agree or not.

However, IF it is a Samuri, that DOES change the facts and IF it is, I don't believe the value of a ringer-ed Cali shell conversion is the same as a properly undertaken original RHD chassis restoration.

The comparison between each final cost is another detail to discuss....but original RHD UK market Zs are already very thin on the ground....!

18. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

We agree finally on something:) ! Especially when handed sides are changes too.

19. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Can't believe people are suggesting that once re-shelled the car can keep its identity... :EXTRAeek: Its the biggest part of the cars identity, other than the engine nothing else has a serial number to make it unique!

Would have to be a full restoration otherwise its just another rep imo, assuming it even is a genuine (which it seems no one is capable of clarifying these days). Amazing what stories people make up as these cars go on in age... This Samuri nonsense (sorry I mean heritage) drives me up the wall. Already looking like silly money for a rot box!

Anyway rant over, as you were... :leaving:

20. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

£5k and still not at reserve, Sam or not it’s now overpriced imo, thanks but i’m out!