Dating Letters

Farmer42

Club Member
Hello

No, I have not mistaken this for an Internet Dating site!!

Can anyone please tell me how I can get a letter that dates my Z for the DVLA.

I have recently bought my Japanese Import GS30 Fairlady Z and the V5 has it registered as a 1971 240Z (J reg).

I know this is not correct as it is a 2+2 and these, I understand were only made from 1974. I think mine is a '75 model & I want to get this corrected but they need a letter from the Owners Club.

Can someone please let me know what info is needed. It's all in Japanese on my VIN plate so I might have to get my translator app going!:confused:

Cheers

Paul

Mr.F

Inactive
I am authorised to provide dating evidence for the Z Club and we are now officially recognised by the DVLA under their V765 scheme.
Call me on 01277 374201 to discuss how to proceed or email direct to mike@mjpauto.com

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I have recently bought my Japanese Import GS30 Fairlady Z and the V5 has it registered as a 1971 240Z (J reg).

I know this is not correct as it is a 2+2 and these, I understand were only made from 1974. I think mine is a '75 model...

GS30 was manufactured from late 1973.

What's the actual chassis number? I can confirm year of manufacture for you.

Farmer42

Club Member
MikeB

No I wouldn't rather pay the £240 road tax but I would still like it dated for info. I will make my mind up whether to correct the V5C when I know.

Cheers

Albrecht

The Chassis number is ABGS30016934.

Thanks