Damper inserts

johnymd

Club Member
Took the zed out for a few hundred mile run to collect parts today. Seamed like a nice day for it but didn't enjoy sitting in traffic jams for several hours.

Anyway, the main reason for the trip was to collect a set of brand new tokico illuminas for £25 each. Seamed like worth the trip. Very nice guy, probably in his '80s and a real petrol head. Had a zed several years ago and it transpires he has a poor memory too. He got out the 4 tokico boxes and I started to open them only to find koni adjustable's instead of the tokico's. his memory started to return and now he recalls he may have put the tokico's on the car before selling !! ****. Anyway, I bought a few other bits off him and took the koni's just in case I could use them. They were new on the car when he bought it but he wanted firmer suspension so bought the tokico's , not realising these were adjustable. They are red koni 86-1917 and 18's. you adjust them before fitting and then leave them as set, which I can live with, but after a bit of investigation it appears they are for a 260z. Will they fit my 240 strut's? Or do I need to stick them up for sale?

Mr.F

Inactive
If they will fit up to 08/74 260Z 2 seater they will be OK for 240Z as well. Otherwise no crossover on rear. Some manufacturers (e.g. KYB) use the same front cartridge on later cars but provide two types of gland nut to match the different diameters.