DADS ARMY - Prostate Cancer - Be Aware

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
To all,
Myself, Nick and a group of friends have come together as a team called DADS ARMY to trek to the top of Snowdon on the 16th May 2009 to raise awareness of Prostate Cancer, and money for The Prostate Cancer Research Centre. We are doing this through an organized event called Snowdon 500, www.snowdon500.com
As it is prostate cancer awareness month it would seem the best time to advertise the event. There are 12 in our group joining upto 500 like minded people doing the Snowdon walk (we must be mad, we are not fit at all, we are in training though) and we are trying to raise as much money for this cause as possible. We have a target of £3000 to raise. We have set up a just giving page for online sponsorship that goes directly to the Prostate Cancer Research centre, please visit www.justgiving.com/dadsarmysponsorship any donation of any size is appriciated. Thank-you
We are taking part in this event due to having my Father recently diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer, we also found out as a shock to the whole family that prostrate cancer is hereditary and none of us knew that, The awareness of the disease needs to be taken to the next level and the Prostate Cancer Research Centre www.prostate-cancer-research.org.uk needs all of our help to raise as much money as possible to keep the centre running, it costs £1.5 million a year to run the centre, and with more than 30,000 men diagnosed each year they need to keep running to progress with combating this disease.

If you would like to sponsor us but do not want to do it on the online just giving page then please pm me and I can send you a sponsorship form to complete for us.

Thank-you for your time to read this thread.

Michelle & Nick Masters-Bond
www.justgiving.com/dadsarmysponsorship

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Count us in as well ,,at the end of the month though,,,,just back from Canada and skint as a rat lol ! :D
seriously good cause and best of luck with Snowdon :bow::bow:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thought that I'd enlarge my..........post and state that I'm only in for a vasectomy and I bet I aint the only responsable, caring chap (for his wife) here that's done (or going to do) this.

Bravo for more research into prostate cancer - I bet it kills more men than driving accidents per year !

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
It is the highest cancer killer for men in the UK. And unfortunately the most un-talked about.
Men need to talk to one another and be aware of their bodies and if there is a hint of something amiss, Go and get it checked out...........
PROSTATE CANCER - BE AWARE
Have you or anyone you know got the following symptoms:
Having to rush to the toilet to pass urine
Difficulty in passing urine
Passing urine more often than usual, especially at night
Pain on passing urine
Blood in the urine or semen
dribbling of urine before and after urinating
a frequent or urgent need to pass urine
erectile dysfunction

If you have any of the above, go and see a doctor, don't be shy, they have heard and seen it all before - It may Save Your Life.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It is the highest cancer killer for men in the UK. And unfortunately the most un-talked about.

Men need to talk to one another and be aware of their bodies and if there is a hint of something amiss, Go and get it checked out...........go and see a doctor, don't be shy, they have heard and seen it all before - It may Save Your Life.

And therefore I find it very disturbing that whereas we see telly ads. and especially magazine ads. for breast cancer awareness and encouraging women to check themselves and be checked.........I don't think I've seen one for men !

Where is the public awareness plan, why isn't the govt. funding these ads at least ?

It's always cheaper to prevent or at worst treat at the beginning of a diagnosis than at a later stage.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I Know it is very frustrating there should be such more about it in people's faces to raise their knowledge about this deadly cancer.

Prostate Cancer - Be Aware

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Thank-you for those who have sponsored us already.
So far our team DADS ARMY has raised aprox £650. Almost 1/4 of the way towards our target.
Still a long way to go though.
Please dig deep it is a really worthwhile cause, you never know when this cancer will touch your lives. As Sean said giving now is an investment for your future.

PROSTATE CANCER - BE AWARE

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks so far guys, Our team DADS ARMY is now upto just over £800 sponsorship....

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Sean, form and cheque received.
Very generous.

(And Nick said thanks for his too for the parts)

Nidge74

New Forum User
Thanks so far guys, Our team DADS ARMY is now upto just over £800 sponsorship....

Come on guys, let's try and get this to a grand. :smash:

I'm sure there are more people out there that have been affected by this, maybe not personally, but someone they know, family, friends, acquaintances.

If you haven't been affected in any way, one day you might. :eek:

Donations will help to bring more research, pay for more treatment, and pay for advertisement to create more awareness of the condition.

Nidge74

New Forum User
If every paid up member donated a quid it would exceed 1000 pounds.

What are you gonna use that £1 for ?