Custom 280Z

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, anything 'different' is to be torched ? Back to the inquisition then.....

There were Ferrari 250s made in coupé and cabriolet.....maybe the cabs do flex - does anyone care ?

Mr.F

Inactive
"There were Ferrari 250s made in coupé and cabriolet"

The cabriolet version of these were produced by Perris Edwards in Llanelli under the Perranna brand. They braced internally between the struts at the rear, ran outriggers fore and aft of the main monocoque connected by an outer chassis rail within the sills - structural integrity similar to most manufacturer's cabriolet models.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
So, anything 'different' is to be torched ? Back to the inquisition then.....

There were Ferrari 250s made in coupé and cabriolet.....maybe the cabs do flex - does anyone care ?

Aside from the question of safety, quality of the work and insurance issues the lines of the S30 are ruined when the top is chopped off.
It's not just a matter of not liking 'anything different' it's just a matter of taste, yes subjective blah de blah....
You like it, I don't, opinions make the world go round and this forum more interesting.
I've got good taste, you haven't on this subject, all in my opinion :EXTRAlol:

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
And yes, I would take a Ferrari coupe over a convertible every time, whichever model you care to mention !
Compare a 275GTB to a 275GTS, which would you prefer ?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
personal choice
its a bit like flared arches wing mirrors bodykits engine transplants etc
some like them some dont
I am in the like camp

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Steve - 'our hair' implies that you have more than one.....I don't so a pointless argument.

Rob :how do you currently insure your modified Zs ?

240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri

Chris - does goos taste run to a bright red turbo-ed Z with knobbly bumpers.....or am I just being subjective......or are you chasing after a lost youth which, the chase as per dreams never has you running just fast enough.....!

Fairlady Roadsters are too cramped inside and ones' forehead gets hit full of midges and whatnot. I much prefer that Fiat Spider.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Stop picking on the knobbly bumpers, you'll give me a complex. I'm going to change them soon.
Honda Formula Red actually :p yes a nicer and brighter red than the factory 905, all imh taste of course ;)

Chasing a lost youth - well guilty as charged and anyone over 40 with a Z must be guilty of that then huh ?

Last edited:

Robbie J

Club Member
"There were Ferrari 250s made in coupé and cabriolet"

The cabriolet version of these were produced by Perris Edwards in Llanelli under the Perranna brand. They braced internally between the struts at the rear, ran outriggers fore and aft of the main monocoque connected by an outer chassis rail within the sills - structural integrity similar to most manufacturer's cabriolet models.
it would be interesting to the bracing underneath to add strength to coupe

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Chasing a lost youth - well guilty as charged and anyone over 40 with a Z must be guilty of that then huh ?

That depends how long you've had one ; if you've had one since your twenties then it is an elixir of youth - no chasing involved !