Courtesy light switch holes

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’ve not taken a pic of the location where the door open (courtesy light switch) fits in the pillar before I stripped the car. There’s another couple of holes above and below the switch hole where it looks like a rubber cover would clip into place.
My car is a late 260z, any pics I can find on the net only have a single hole for the switch. Can any one provide a pic of theirs as I cannot figure what I’m missing!
Thanks

Attachments

• 04C9593C-4FE8-459C-B037-4464C719C7EA.jpeg
    04C9593C-4FE8-459C-B037-4464C719C7EA.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Thanks for that, I can keep my eyes open, may be lucky at some point!

Bazzateer

Club Member
Just a thought but you could try one of the polybush places and see if they can take a mould from them then produce copies in black poly?

Minksport

Club Member
I will see if i can revive the rubber a little bit just to soften it a touch, they are still flexible but if you bend them you can see some minor cracking, saying that when there in place they don't move at all.
Mark.

Rushingphil

Club Member
I will see if i can revive the rubber a little bit just to soften it a touch, they are still flexible but if you bend them you can see some minor cracking, saying that when there in place they don't move at all.
Mark.

Mark,

I would be happy to pop them into my solution that I used to refurb my fuel filler pipe if that would help. I need to come around and see you regards the rear arches sometime.

Phil

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Mark,

I would be happy to pop them into my solution that I used to refurb my fuel filler pipe if that would help. I need to come around and see you regards the rear arches sometime.

Phil
Thanks gents, interesting to see how they revive. Sounds like they’re worth a punt, but I’m not in a rush. Once I have them I can see about 3D printing a few more sets if there is interest.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Thanks gents, interesting to see how they revive. Sounds like they’re worth a punt, but I’m not in a rush. Once I have them I can see about 3D printing a few more sets if there is interest.
Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to 3 d print a pliable rubber component?

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to 3 d print a pliable rubber component?
Not in rubber, but you can in stuff called TPE. They can use to to make all sorts of fancy flexible stuff. I don’t do the printing but I’ve got a mate to likes a challenge.