Cost of P2 service

dav350z

Club Member
Just been quoted £260 for P2 service by my supplying dealer. Does that sound reasonable?

The price includes changing the brake fluid (needs to be carried out at 2 yrs or 27,000 miles).

Anyone had one done recently?

Dave.

Mr.F

Inactive
About par for the course for main dealer servicing. Could be done cheaper outside of the dealer network and most reputable garages would stamp the service book with a valid mark.
I checked with the guys I use to provide Nissan parts supply and they quoted £270 inclusive...

350Znismo

Forum User
Not serviced mine yet but Check out all dealers in your area by phone, and if you get a good price from one (could be to far to travel) tell your local to match it. Most companies need this pressure to get market adapted.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus that's a lot of money!

I'm in manchester, played the dealers in my area against each other and, by supplying my own oil i paid £117! incl VAT!

make the phone calls, speak to as many dealers as possible, drive that price down!!!

:D

dav350z

Club Member
Just picked my car up from it's P2 service today and quite pleased with the cost. They quoted £260 max and the actual bill was £217 odd.

The car is a very reasonable to service and maintain IMO.

I reported noise from the front wheels and a creaky seat when I booked it in. I deliberately did not mention I knew anything about the feathering TSB just to see what they would say.

I was pleasently surprised. The service manager informed me that there had been issues with the front tyres as they wear and i would need to book it in for a day fro them to check it out properly. He went to pains to assure me that there were no safety issues with the tyres.

They couldn't hear the creaking seat but would check that out at the same time.

I will be booking it in, in a couple of weeks - I'll let you all know the outcome.

Dave.

350Doc

Club Member
I pay £28.67 per month (for Nissan High Mileage service plan); this covers 6 services over 3 years; works at an average of £172 per service (including oil, platinum spark plugs at 54k, filters).

dav350z

Club Member
350Doc said:
I pay £28.67 per month (for Nissan High Mileage service plan); this covers 6 services over 3 years; works at an average of £172 per service (including oil, platinum spark plugs at 54k, filters).
That's not bad 350doc. I have always found maintenance packages to be quite expensive but that sounds very reasonable.

I take it you are doing around 18 - 20k per year then.

How's the car standing up to that kind of mileage?

Dave

dav350z

Club Member
Cars booked in this Friday to check out the front tyres and the seat. There are gonna give me a Micra!!!

gizmo71

currum auriga quasi furtivum
I was quoted £210 yesterday - today when I collected it they promptly tried to charge me £299! :eek: I paid £210.47 in the end, not happy though as they couldn't find the locking wheel nut key (in with the jack, duh) and instead of phoning me to ask the technician checked the pads through the wheels. :unsure: :rolleyes:

It'll be out of warranty when the next service is due and I won't be taking it back there!

gizmo71

dav350z said:
How many miles have you done then Gizmo?

Less than 14k. Already on my third set of tyres mind. :D Front brake pads will need replacing shortly as well.

The cheeky devils didn't even wash it. :(

dav350z

Club Member
gizmo71 said:
Less than 14k. Already on my third set of tyres mind. :D Front brake pads will need replacing shortly as well.

The cheeky devils didn't even wash it. :(
Is that the miles you have done or the total miles, cos your warranty won't be out yet, will it?

Dave.

gizmo71

dav350z said:
Is that the miles you have done or the total miles, cos your warranty won't be out yet, will it?

Total miles - but warranty expires at the end of 3 years regardless of mileage (except for the corrosion warranty which is 12). Unless there's a low mileage clause I wasn't aware of.