Complete reconstruction of a 2 seater

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Very impressive work.

Is a 280ZX really worth all that skilled work though? If it was a very rare and valuable car I could understand it more.

Makes you realise just how rusty these things can get and still look ok on a trailer.

Great Thread, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huw

Club Member
Wow and I thought mine was rusty.

That guy has some really impressive skills in fabrication. Looks like he really enjoys this kind of work, guess thats what its all about.

Great thread, will follow that one. :thumbs:

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
that's just insane! Most would consider that car WAY beyond repair. Much Kudos to that guy, I just wish I could fabricate that well and weld that cleanly.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is a 280ZX really worth all that skilled work though? If it was a very rare and valuable car I could understand it more.
Makes you realise just how rusty these things can get and still look ok on a trailer

It isn't about what it's worth Rob - is any Z project ?

Huw

Club Member
I love this kind of stuff. Mad people doing brilliant things - who cares if it’s not economically viable! On my favourite model too. Great. :p

Quagmire

Well-Known Forum User
I think the S130s are awesome and getting very rare, Just as worthwile to restore as an S30 IMO. It's got to be about how much the car means to you personally, If i liked S130s as much as I do Z31s I'd restore one.

us2

Well-Known Forum User
Very impressive. I didn't need to understand French to be impressed by this mans talents.

greg416

New Forum User
http://www.datsun-france.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4284

Worth looking at the photos if for nothing else to consider that your project is a piece of cake and don't be discouraged !
Bernard is retired and lives near Dieppe/Rouen and worked on Renaults' A442 '78 Le Mans winner and later Alpine, Renault 5 Turbo (the two seter version).

i have two 10th anniversary z cars. lucky for me there both pretty solid.. my red ones pretty rough..engine runs..or we will call it that, but underbelly and body are amazing for 30 plus year old..my gold one is pretty nice,110,000 orig miles. red ones being dismantled this winter...any tips,info, parts..or whatever . who makes the best replacement carpet? thanks..greg