Collected my car today

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Yes the car is very good,bought the car in Japan owned by a real enthusiast luckily garaged.Undersealed so no rust.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Collected my car back from the docks today and had a very pleasant drive.Took it for a MOT and the car is completely rust free and no welding anywhere.Engine is the original and sounds and performs good.

Congratulations! Looks to be in really lovely condition.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry i should know better i have heard it called 2by2.Took the car for a mot wanted to see the underneath and the mechs of the car.Fantastic no welding or rust sills,rear valance,battery tray all like new.The car did have a re=paint in 2017 not a bad job.Really pleased with my 2/2.Just waiting for the reg no now.

Thanks for all your comments

Pondo

Club Member
Great news and lovely looking car.

I’ve applied for my a reg a few weeks ago, unfortunately been slowed up by the bank holidays. Called DVLA today and they informed me (11 working days) its been registered on there system and the paperwork should be on its way so hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Last time i reg a car i phoned the dvla and they said it had been reg so i asked them if they could give me the reg and they did over the phone.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
It's a 2/2, not a 2+2...

Really ? You sure ?
According to my my maths a 2/2 should be a single seater :p

More seriously, does that just refer to home market Fairlady's or any S30/S130 ?
I have never seen it referred to as anything other than a 2+2 (or occasionally a whale by detractors in the States)

Looks a very nice example and look forward to seeing it at Donington btw ;)

Pondo

Club Member
Ok, maybe it’s down to who you get to speak to. I was told that it’s been authorised but she couldn’t see what the plate number is at this point! Confusing as you would think that would be exactly what they could see.

I also called them on the 24th to see how it was progressing and they told me it wasn’t on the system! They informed me today that it had been sent out on the 24th so who knows anything.

Anyway wasn’t meaning to ramble on your thread, hopefully see you at Donington.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Really ? You sure ?
According to my my maths a 2/2 should be a single seater :p

More seriously, does that just refer to home market Fairlady's or any S30/S130 ?
I have never seen it referred to as anything other than a 2+2 (or occasionally a whale by detractors in the States)

Don't trust me, trust Nissan:

2by2 emb.jpg
S31-Cat-7.jpg S31-Cat-1.jpg

Robbie J

Club Member
when I looked at sourcing a car from Japan they were very expensive, or and I just a tight ass. Anyway I love the car because its a 2/2 and JDM model

I also need to measure were the mirrors are positioned (I'm sure somebody has a measurement) as I have an original silver set to fit

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Could measure my mirrors for you the car is fitted with wing mirrors.The jdm market cars kept the L20 engine in the 260 fairlady the 260 engine went to the American market for emission rules .Alot of owners replace the L20 2.0 Litre with the 260 engine.Keeping mine original.

Robbie J

Club Member
Could measure my mirrors for you the car is fitted with wing mirrors.The jdm market cars kept the L20 engine in the 260 fairlady the 260 engine went to the American market for emission rules .Alot of owners replace the L20 2.0 Litre with the 260 engine.Keeping mine original.
yes please! need to know how far from the edge of the headlight cowl and wing edge to the bonnet should be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.