Clutch Master Gone??

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Just prepped up to start refitting the firewall insulation, and spotted fresh oil dripping from where the clutch goes through the firewall.

Looks to me like it's the clutch master cylinder, so guessing a seal in that has gone? Could anything else cause the oil to leak out from where the piston on the pedal goes through?

They don't seem to badly priced (would get one from the US as assume LHD not always the same as RHD??) so thinking swapping that over should solve the leak (guessing the seal around the piston has gone?).

Just thankful we spotted now rather than once all the jute etc was reinstalled! Would have destroyed it meaning another dash out (and NEVER again am I going through that other than for a new dash or the like!).

Mr.F

Inactive
Piston and seal repair kit available from stock. Common problem with clutch and brake hydraulics left unused for long periods of time...

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
New LHD fitment OEM quality replacement clutch Master cyl available for immediate delivery from UK stock.
No waiting. No surprise "handling charges " or vat to pay extra.
£30

Attachments

• Rally car build 031 (Large).jpg
    Rally car build 031 (Large).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 26

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Clutch Master Cylinder done and bled...

20111218_130519.jpg

20111218_130530.jpg

What an absolute doddle!!

The missus was panicing it was going to take all day, but as simple as these cars are, it was 2 bolts, one connector and a split pin. The hardest part was bleeding it!!

Thanks for the part pmac (and sorry Mr F, I never knew Clutches had Master Cylinders, so the thought of rebuilding one scared the bejeezus out of me!!)