Clutch collars

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi,
On my super duper LD32 engine, I'm fitting an RB flywheel and clutch.
I've been measuring it up and comparing to a standard 240mm flywheel and clutch, and it's about 9mm taller in aggregate.
I know there are a number of different height clutch collars around, but I don't know their heights.
I've got this one spare, which I think is the original 260z one my car came with mated to a 225mm flywheel. its about 23mm between the two contact surfaces.
DSC_0105.JPG
and I've got the one in the car, that I got from MrF to go with my 240mm flywheel. I don't know how big it is, cos it's in the car!

If you've got any clutch collars around to be measured, I'd be very grateful if you could measure the distance between those two contact surfaces and let me know.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Thanks Tim, that's awesome.
I think that confirms what I was just reading on hybridz.org, that my ~23mm collar is probably a 24mm collar, common to (most?) the 240mm clutch cars.
https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/85...-turbo22-vs-na/?do=findComment&comment=808868

and what I need is a 16mm one from an early car with a 71a gearbox. Although I can probably get my 24mm one machined down if needed.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Actually, looking at Nils' stuff again, my spare 23mm one probably is my original one from 225mm flywheel and 71b gearbox and the one in the car will be a 29mm one for 240mm flywheel and 71b gearbox.
So I actually need one that is 20mm I think, which should be easy enough to make from the spare.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Actually, actually, I think I'm still wrong, the one in the car is probably a 25mm one, for 240mm flywheel and 71b gearbox. and I need a 16mm one. AAAAGH.
I think I'll wait until I've got the old engine out to decide.

Joey Bratten

Forum User
Actually, actually, I think I'm still wrong, the one in the car is probably a 25mm one, for 240mm flywheel and 71b gearbox. and I need a 16mm one. AAAAGH.
I think I'll wait until I've got the old engine out to decide.

Any chance you could just machine one down to size?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
All mine are 36mm. The one on the left is a 200sx s14 one. I thought I had some more but can't find them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_135639.jpg
    IMG_20210404_135639.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 8