Classified discussion continue

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
I think it's time to stop posting these subjects in a sales ad, hense this new topic, i hope this is the right forum, so here is my answer to http://zclub.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3670

Sean, was that the adult Sean writing?, if i'm not mistaken these are the a shorter version of the steering arms, right and thats why i'm interested, but please tell me what part of what Dave sold to me that you were interested in, was it the arms?
Regarding the bumbers, i was interested in the short US front bumper, so i could get rid of the ugly long -73 model and there was another member who was looking for a rear bumper, there were no need for you not to give other members some space and share a little, "early bird get the seed" remember?

Paid up member !!!..., c'mon on Sean, have you been a paid up member since 2002? no you have not and for what reason? probably the same reason i have, maybe if there were created a "outside UK member account" i just can't see why i should pay for a bunch of benefits i only can take advantage if living i UK, it just doesen't seem fair to me.

People should have the rights to sell to whom ever they want to sell to, if not, how should it be fixed, paid up to paid up first and then to web side members and lastly traders !!! and where does that put Mr Brook as a seller being he is a web side member ??....

Decisions, decisions.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Since 2002 ? I've been a paid up member since 1989 except for one year when I sulked.
Not interested in discussing previous ads and this and that.

I proposed you a deal - you pay up to be a member..........or not.
I'm paying Nigel tomorrow morning for these and the mirrors or not - whether I do is up to you my friend.

If Nigel now takes affront to what I say and decides to sell to you - all the best for you and tough on me !

They're more important things in Z life than squabbling over trinkets and this club and therfore this forum should be concentrating on more important things than refereeing between two keen buyers.

You've raised points and asked questions then shot 'em down and answered them.

I've said a long time ago that there have to be more advantages here for paid up members than freebies and I've also whinged that as a foreign member, I don't get all the advantages that a UK resident does..........but this club has given me so much and this forum is here to vserve and be served so I'm happy to pay my membership.

Ask yourself, as someone who is active here what would you do if it wasn't here due to lack of funds ?

Please don't answer hang around the US sites 'cos you could do that now and they don't know much about euro Zs and their specs.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
It was discussed at one time of having the classifieds for paid up members for I think 7 days prior to it being thrown open for all to view but it never got implicated

What would be ideal is for all to be able to see the particular classified and then a notification comes up saying to website members that this is available for subscribed member only until seven day after the initial placing of the classified and then will be open to everybody

This way unsubsidised members may then want to subscribe to ensure they do not miss the boat on the item

Need a admin techie to see how it could be set up

As for web members selling on here it was felt at that time it was a service to our members to have whatever was available to them

There again it would be nice if any non subscribed member who regularly sells on here if they made some sort of donation towards the running of the place There again what is £15 out of the profits on numerous sales

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
As for web members selling on here it was felt at that time it was a service to our members to have whatever was available to them

There again it would be nice if any non subscribed member who regualy sells on here if they made some sort of donation towards the running of the place There again what is £15 out of the profits on numerous sales

And non-subscribed members saving money and time by finding and buying parts on here............

Mr.G

Club Member
Steve, great ideas. Unfortunately many people aren't nice hence they may not decide to become a member or even bother paying a donation yet still make full use of the classifieds. That reminds me my membership has lapsed!! I will get on to it Rob!!

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
And non-subscribed members saving money and time by finding and buying parts on here............
And i remember you were a non paying member when buying those bumpers and why did you re-join Sean ?, remember this:

"'course, we can all continue our discussion on The Club and committee now :devil: as I have shamelessly 'bought the right to fight' ! :rolleyes:"

Únfurtunateley the thread is not to find anymore, it could however be interesting reading me think.
I like you to tell why you decited to be a non paying member for a period Sean

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
It was discussed at one time of having the classifieds for paid up members for I think 7 days prior to it being thrown open for all to view but it never got implicated

What would be ideal is for all to be able to see the particular classified and then a notification comes up saying to website members that this is available for subscribed member only until seven day after the initial placing of the classified and then will be open to everybody

This way unsubsidised members may then want to subscribe to ensure they do not miss the boat on the item

Need a admin techie to see how it could be set up

There again it would be nice if any non subscribed member who regularly sells on here if they made some sort of donation towards the running of the place There again what is £15 out of the profits on numerous sales

Be carefull of what you write Burns, someone might take this as a kind of blackmail and i don't think it can be said that the classified is a member benefit.
Please list me the benefits of being a club member Steve and also the price per year

I know it's not free to run a board like this and i do not mind supporting it but please be reasonable and consider to make a "outside UK membership" i think you will get many more members joining, instead of Seans model trying to force people to be members for the reason of acess to a used car parts sales.classified, that's plain stupid if you ask me.

Chris

Mr.G

Club Member
I'm all for a lower overseas membership fee, it would be good to get a more diverse base of members on here and think of the European tours that could be arranged. I also think it should be cheaper for them as they would not be benefiting from some of the advantages of cheaper insurance and valuation services that would benefit a UK member. Overseas members however, should not receive a welcome pack, as this would cost too much to post.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I know it's not free to run a board like this and i do not mind supporting it but please be reasonable and consider to make a "outside UK membership" i think you will get many more members joining, instead of Seans model trying to force people to be members for the reason of acess to a used car parts sales.classified, that's plain stupid if you ask me.

Stupid or not, it has also sparked discussion on something that should have been addressed and sorted years ago !

There used to be a two-tier membership for owners and partners (wives/husbands, sheep and barrels of Heineken.....), and also a UK and overseas membership when the magazine was being produced and posted out - higher postage as Mr G stated incurred higher m/ship costs.

Then it all became one, reduced mount when the magazine stopped and all the focus was on the forum here.

If it's £15 for full UK membership, then a token £5 membership for overseas members would be reasonable in my opinion.
BUT, access to the forum must be limited for non-subscribed members - they can look at posts (not attachments) but no participation - no starting threads or replying. They can post up adverts though although once up, they can't modify them or reply.

Ads of cars and parts for sale should spend 3 days in the paid-up members section first before becomming public.

Probably way too complicated to manage software wise but that's in my view is the ideal.

UK and paid-up overseas members can access everywhere including the paid-up members section only.

Draconian ? Maybe but one has to move, try things and living in fear of 'supression will drive people away' (fear of the unknown) gets us nowhere.

If at the end, there remains a core of active (and paying) members but less people on the forum - is that such a bad thing - it aint no pissing contest to see who has the most members or most threads per week - it's quality that counts and active people, not just armchair heroes and as far as UK members go, ALL foreign members are armchair heroes 'cos you don't see us over there with our cars - do you ?

Chris, why I had a pause for one year has absolutely no relevance here in this discussion - trust me and if you want to know desperately, email me.

We all love the cars.....and I love the clubs because without them, we'd be poorer in spirit and maybe also our cars !

The club (and forum) has to survive but in what form is open to debate !

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
MrG, thanks for your support, i do not know what the welcome package is containing, some of it might not be needed, some might come in handy, neither do i know what the extra shipping would run in to, i'm sure it would be worth to look in to.

Okay let's see what benefit i wold have:

Full access to the Z Club website/forum - YES
Membership card - what's the purpose
Window sticker on joining - YES nice!!
Invites to trackdays - NO consider the distance and price to get there to attend
Participating in our Drag race challenge - NO same as above
Discounts and Savings - NO not much saved when taking the extra shipping in to consideration
Membership enabling cheaper insurance - NO only for UK members
Free valuation of your Z/ZX - NO same as above
Large network of local groups - NO i assume they are all in UK

Oh i almost forgot early acess to classified section :bow:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Okay let's see what benefit i wold have:

Full access to the Z Club website/forum - YES
Membership card - what's the purpose
Window sticker on joining - YES nice!!
Invites to trackdays - NO consider the distance and price to get there to attend
Participating in our Drag race challenge - NO same as above
Discounts and Savings - NO not much saved when taking the extra shipping in to consideration
Membership enabling cheaper insurance - NO only for UK members
Free valuation of your Z/ZX - NO same as above
Large network of local groups - NO i assume they are all in UK

Oh i almost forgot early acess to classified section :bow:

Membership card : most insurers of reduced classic car schemes insits upon membership as proof that the owner is someone more likely to look after his (or her) car.

Track-days and drag challenges do cost and the time is also given by members - whether you or I or indeed UK members avail themselves of said events - that's their choice but they are also nice to follow - stats, photos, experiences.

I wonder whether a free insurance evaluation wouldn't help you ? Coming from one of the worlds' biggest Z Clubs and europes' biggest Z market where prices are also the highest - surely an evaluation wouldn't harm your car ? They're mostly done at distance by lots of photos.

No reason why you couldn't volunteer to be the organiser of the Danish 'local' group ? There seems to be plenty of interest there and maybe you'd encourage some of us to come up to you...thinking that if Stefans' street race was better enveloped by a social weekend, people might make the effort.........

If you don't find that there are enough significant savings to be made on parts then as a member, then push the club, even help yourself to encourage suppliers to make better discounts and seek more suppliers - see what I've done for us in France and I've not run out of suppliers yet - it's a win/win situation :

http://www.datsun-france.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=6

To access these discounts, members merely email the pdf copy of their membership 'card' to the supplier and place their order.

Over and above all these financial advantages, available perhaps for as little as £5, maybe £7 'cos it seems a good deal...:thumbs:, there is also the enormous satisfaction of being part of something, of actively promoting the car, meeting others and having friendly discussions such as this.:rolleyes:

And access to parts for sale - do you want those parts and become a member or not ?:p

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Just for the record parts/car purchasers should not be allowed to mark the items as sold which is currently the case.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
???? Paypal transferred but because I was buying two items, I sent it direct via their site - added your postage quote too.

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
No i did not buy them and i will stay a webside member until a outside UK membership is made.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
You lot sound like a bunch of five year old's squabbling over a sweetie in the playground.
Sometime's I really wonder about some of the membership I really do! :confused::smash:.

Rob

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
But Rob - this isn't a squabble between members........the larger picture it paints is of which way forward without the club magazine.........there isn't even an online one now !

Obstinacy respected Chris - that's what I had for a year without membership - served nothing though except to cool off !

"........................ask what you can do your your club".

What do you do Rob - apart from paypal 3 fivers ?