- 740000 yen

035289.jpg
- 1660000 yen

14253454%5D.jpg
- 589000 yen FJ20ET engine

Mr.F

Inactive
Which one are you calling a GTR Dave?

#1 is described as "Classic Skyline Hakosuka GT with C330 Headlights Converted to HID, Fender Flares, Aftermarket Deep-dish Alloys, Aftermarket Adjustable Suspension, Front-Mount Oil Cooler, Triple Side-Draft Weber Carbs, Aftermarket Exhaust, Steering Wheel and Much More!!!"

#5 is described as: "The Most Sought-after Vintage Nissan Skyline; The HAKOSUKA Version!!! These C10 Skyline are Very Hard to find at this Low Price!!! This Classic Skyline is in Such Great Condition, it is Ready for a Daily Driver or for a Classic Car Show!!!"

#6 is described as "This Classic Skyline has the Bullet-Proof and Super Powerful FJ20ET DOHC 16-valve Turbo-charged Engine!!! This DR30 Skyline had 205 Horsepower back in 1984!!! Very Clean, with All New Paint and Aftermarket 17 Inch Alloys."

No official GTR as far as I am aware - I seek enlightenment as to the significance of "Hakosuka Version"...

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I like all of them, always fancied an old Skyline and the prices don't seem bad if there as good as they look.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
No official GTR as far as I am aware - I seek enlightenment as to the significance of "Hakosuka Version"...

Basically......

"Hako" = Box

"Suka" = Abbreviation of 'Skyline' ( the first two written syllables )

Therefore, "Hakosuka" = "Box Skyline", the vernacular nickname for the C10-series Skyline, which encompasses the short-nosed four cylinder sedan and wagon versions, the long-nosed six cylinder four door versions and the six cylinder two door 'Hard Top' pillarless coupe versions.

Hope that helps :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Si it's a slang or 'street' way of describing one particular model - nothing more and could be applied to any C10 model ?

Mr.G

Club Member
I'm a big fan of the Hakosuka (C10), this one looks very cheap! I wonder what condition it's in. There is a nice thread on Hybridz which details someone sourcing one from Japan.

Mr.G

Club Member
I would love to get one but having to pay for another road tax all ads up....

I read recently that the law has changed with respect to how they classify the tax free status of pre 73 vehicles which are imported into the UK. Whereas before an imported vehicle registered before 73 would be eligible for free road tax, now they go by the date the vehicle entered the country and would therefore mean that there is no exemption from the road tax licence regardless of age of vehicle. Maybe someone could confirm this as I'm hoping I've got it wrong!

Personally I think it's outrageous!

Charlie Boy

Well-Known Forum User
I would love to get one but having to pay for another road tax all ads up....

I read recently that the law has changed with respect to how they classify the tax free status of pre 73 vehicles which are imported into the UK. Whereas before an imported vehicle registered before 73 would be eligible for free road tax, now they go by the date the vehicle entered the country and would therefore mean that there is no exemption from the road tax licence regardless of age of vehicle. Maybe someone could confirm this as I'm hoping I've got it wrong!

Personally I think it's outrageous!

I've just imported two cars and interpreted the DVLA rules the same way as you. Fortunately when I registered my 1971 car they classed it as an historic vehicle so road tax free:D It could be that I got lucky or we are just reading the rules wrong.

C

Russ

Club Member
There must be loads of historic cars coming into the country every year, classic 20s Americana etc, and you never see those on an 08 plate :)

Great link on the Skyline thanks Count, firmly on my list of dream cars now!

Russ

Club Member
Alan I'm so jealous!

Let me know if it ever comes up for sale and I'll talk to Abbey about a remortgage! ;)

I never ever dreamed I'd dream of a garage full of Datsuns/Nissans when I grew up lol, I always imagined I'd be lusting after Ferraris or something else.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
the C10-series Skyline, which encompasses the short-nosed four cylinder sedan and wagon versions, the long-nosed six cylinder four door versions and the six cylinder two door 'Hard Top' pillarless coupe versions.

Would you happen to have a photo showing differnces between long and short nosed please ?

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Fab car Alan! That first shot, with the really dark sky and the reflections on the track is incredible. What issue of the magazine was it in, in the end?