Classic Car Weekly

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Last week Jonathan got an article in this paper about the Samuri Meeting.

This week there is an article about S30 prices and how the 260Z is a good buy. There is a picture of Mark Rayner's 260Z included.

Did a 260Z owner on here write it?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
This week there is an article about S30 prices and how the 260Z is a good buy. There is a picture of Mark Rayner's 260Z included.

Well THAT's a good representative of your average 260Z :rolleyes: !

Any publicity is good publicity.....

Are you suggesting that The Z Club had nothing officially to do with this article - surely the press officer would know.:confused:

JK240

Club Member
Ha ha see the comment underneath, well perhaps we should put "This only reinforces my feelings that MGB GT V8 are driven by boring old steam train enthusiasts"

:D

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Why, ashamed ? Stupid ****** remarks that I've heard ever since I first had a Z - if the buggers haven't evolved, it's Darvins' theory...go thrash an MGB V8 and a 260Z.....one inspires confidence, the other......

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sean, should that reference to 100cc be 1000cc?

And there is no problem with spare parts then - surprising! So rear quarters, inner wings, rad panels, rear panel, bumpers, sills, doors, tailgate, gearboxes, diffs etc are all readily available 'off the shelf'?

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sean, should that reference to 100cc be 1000cc?

What do you think Rob - is it worth asking the question or are you beginning again to nit-pick - I defend the Zs and this is the reaction here - go and buy an ***** MG then.:p

And there is no problem with spare parts then - surprising! So rear quarters, inner wings, rad panels, rear panel, bumpers, sills, doors, tailgate, gearboxes, diffs etc are all readily available 'off the shelf'?

You've run a 240Z for years, it's still running and doing well - all that without all those parts off the shelf which didn't put off the new owner either.

Great defence of the Z mate - bravo.

What is The Z Club doing then to increase the supply of parts - beginning production runs, group buys ?

Try it - maybe if we all clubbed (;)) together, we could do something to start and help................

So, what do we do, agree with the anorak that an MGB is much better value ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What do you think Rob - is it worth asking the question or are you beginning again to nit-pick - I defend the Zs and this is the reaction here - go and buy an ***** MG then.:p

You've run a 240Z for years, it's still running and doing well - all that without all those parts off the shelf which didn't put off the new owner either.

Great defence of the Z mate - bravo.

What is The Z Club doing then to increase the supply of parts - beginning production runs, group buys ?

Try it - maybe if we all clubbed (;)) together, we could do something to start and help................

So, what do we do, agree with the anorak that an MGB is much better value ?

Sean I'm trying to understand your aggressive argument, if I don't understand it then an MGB fan won't!

By 'blasting' the guy like that you are doing fellow Z owners no favours. You are wrong on most counts especially saying that MGB owners are loners sitting in corners :eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not representing The Club Rob - my personal view and not that of any other owner - put up your own comments.

The guy was slagging off 260Zs, probably criticising 240Zs for being overvalued too.

The point was that an MGB owner doesn't need any club - he can buy his bits from any number of suppliers. A Z owner must love and cherish his car and I have never stood by and listened to THAT type of **** - first outing at Stowe school back in May '89 and I was invited to explain on the public address system the love of Zs at an AH weekend - when asked if I thought the Z a worthy successor to the AH....well, that's another story and you won't hear it from me - I defend Zs too agressively don't I ?

I don't do 'favours' for other Z owners, I don't live in your country and you (collectively) don't class me as a 'fellow' Z owner - no skin lost there my friend. I voice my opinions on a public internet site - you don't agree, go up and say your piece, get a quote in saying that The Z Club disasociates from Mr Dézarts' comments that don't (iyho) represent those of the majority of UK Z owners.

No group buys 'cos there isn't enough m'ship and it's split between so many different models. Never mind.

Its good to see that 240's and 260's values/price being accurately reported instead of the usual 5k for a nice one and 2k for one that needs a little work.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Not a bad little write up,we all have our own opinions but comparing any mg against a Zed is like comparing a Rolls to a ford sierra,i have been in about 4 different models of mg and they are just a ****** bit of metal,some with a marina engine in it,and for yhose of a certain age all the cars from the 70s are bad for rot some worse than others,