Classic car auction today

status

Well-Known Forum User
Depends on condition ,to which I don't know,but is probably about right price for a mint Zed if the intention is to convert to a right hooker,time the work is done correctly and painted puts the value around the 20k-25k mark in the real world,some on here won't agree but I live in the real world and am not seeing lhd Zeds go for some of the suggested prices,there are the odd 1 or 2 but it all depends on supply and demand ,simple economics,correct me if I'm wrong but there as I said in another thread there isn't a high demand for Zeds at the moment

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
I had quite a good look at the car. I don't want to sound too critical as someone on here may have purchased it. It may make the bones of a good car, but with a lot of money spent. Can't see the economics working ...

status

Well-Known Forum User
Without seeing it we can't comment but as long as the owner is happy ,that's all that matters,

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I'd advise anyone considering buying this car to look at it very, very carefully. If in doubt, ask somebody who knows what they are looking at to examine it with you.

Bitsa or full-on ringer? Lots of anomalies and details that don't match up.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Without seeing it we can't comment but as long as the owner is happy ,that's all that matters,

Steve Burns said:
100% Correct

The owner may well be "happy", but if the identity of the car doesn't match up with the metal then the DVLA and - ultimately - the Police might take the smile off his face.

richiep

Club Member
This is one that ChrisVega imported originally isn't it?

Looks nice enough, but I can see where Alan is coming from. At very least, identity issue aside, it's not particularly original and was pieced together when rebuilt from disparate parts. I.e. appears to be an early 70/71 shell with non-vented quarters, but has the wrong non-vented hatch fitted. It also has a 260Z/280Z dash and console fitted. I may be missing other stuff, but those are the obvious ones. I guess one has to factor all that in to a purchase - do you care, or how much is it going to cost if you want the details to be correct.

GBB

Active Forum User
I'd advise anyone considering buying this car to look at it very, very carefully. If in doubt, ask somebody who knows what they are looking at to examine it with you.

Bitsa or full-on ringer? Lots of anomalies and details that don't match up.

I'd spotted that too. The same car was for sale on CarandClassic for months with a dealer before going to auction (at £12K I think), I'd assumed this meant that £12K was over it's realistic value.

I'm no 240Z expert (and am slowly learning from the experts on here whilst I save slowly to buy my own Z) but was rough enough around the edges for me when I saw it at the Leamington auction for me to conclude that it would need proper examination as the paint job might be hiding problems.