Choke removal (and heating controls)

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Hello all.

Whilst still waiting for some mechanical bits to arrive from the states, I've had a delivery of some parts from Skillard including an aluminium centre console. If I am to install this without modification, the choke lever will be an issue. My question is; if I remove the choke can you foresee any problems? I haven't used it as yet, and the car starts like a dream - I'm also not planning to use the car in the cold/winter. The alternative is to chop the centre console which is possible, but I'd rather keep it as it is.

https://skillard.com/product/datsun-240z-260z-280z-aluminum-center-console/

Another similar part I received for the dash would require the same treatment for the heating controls, which I'm considering removing completely too given again, it'll be a summer car only (and I'm going to be ruthless with weight saving)

https://skillard.com/product/datsun-240z-mini-console/

Many thanks for your help.

Matthew

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Will you be keeping the blower as the windows will steam up if it rains.

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
That's part of the conundrum on the heater side of things, but the plan is to drive it when dry only, so may not be needed (I'll keep all the parts that can be reinstalled if in future I have a change of heart)

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
is it a race car you're building?

No, not specifically a race car but I do like the minimal, stripped and basic feel. I'll likely track it every now and again but it'll mainly be for pottering around to various events in the summer in an uncomfortable way haha.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oh just remembered you've got the lovely lime green car - why change it at all?

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Oh just remembered you've got the lovely lime green car - why change it at all?

It is lovely, and Terry has done an amazing job - I just fancy moulding it to my ideal sports car whilst keeping the L24 (for now). I'll be keeping all the bits from it so I can transform it back in future if needed.