Chevy LS V8 powered 240 that was done precisely

Texasroadrunner

Club Member
Last Fall I met another Z enthusiast at a monthly meet in North Austin Texas. At first glance I appreciated his ground effects and nice wheels, not knowing that he had owned this car since he was 18 or so. As I got closer, I saw no L24 valve cover but instead two Chevy LS coil banks, fuel injection, tower braces and a lot of very high-quality craftsmanship. Most V8 conversions leave much to be desired with rust, old parts and spaghetti wiring on an old cast iron Chevy 350 small block sporting a carburetor. Not this one. Randolf, the owner approached, and we talked for 2 hours at least. He's now 40 but he has proved that his dream of a performance Z car done with proper planning and skill equal a fine example of how to do a V8 conversion. He's running a Tremec T-56 six speed and an R200 LSD. It doesn't stop there. His interior also shows much thought and design/build skills. Lucky for me, he has his old L28 and close ratio 5 speed for sale and I will be buying them to rebuild and put in my '72 someday. I'm very glad to meet Z car people like hiIMG_9747.JPGm.IMG_9752.JPGIMG_9753.JPGIMG_9756.JPGIMG_9755.JPGIMG_9758.JPG