Cheshire Plainz Christmas Party 2007

zedboy

Club Member
:santa: A big thank you to Brian and Brenda Baker for organising the Cheshire Plainz Christmas Party.

It took place in Blackpool at the Haddley Hotel. People in attendance were:

Brian and Brenda, Dave and Nicola, Mark and Emma, Mark and Gill, Mike and Becky, Brian, Colin and Lou, Steve and Hilary, Eric, Alan and Julie, Tony, Pete and Diane, Richard and Kerry, David Holland. (I think I've remebered everyone-my apologies if I have forgot anyone.)

Everyone had a fantastic night and in my opinion it was the BEST Cheshire Plainz Christmas do yet!

Becky and I arrived at about 6. The drinks started to flow and everyone was in very good spirits! Dave Porter had arranged a Secret Santa and everyone had great fun choosing a surprise gift. People had made a huge effort to buy a gift for under a fiver!

At about 7.30 we sat down to eat. The food was really good and a credit to the hotel owners. The fun carried on late into the night. Mark and Emma provided the evenings entertainment (PS2). We enjoyed Karaoke, Dance mat game and Gran Turismo 4.

One of the highlights of the night was THE 'board game' (don't know it's actual name!) It was last used about 10 years ago, when Alan and Julie brought it to the Christmas do in 1996.
On it's last appearance it caused great hilarity, Dave Porter getting the girls to name the Top ten sexual positions (NOT A REAL QUESTION) in 30 seconds. I was only 15 at the time and owe everything I know to the ladies present!!! (thanks Dave). In 1996, Julie ended up stopping the game and packing it away because we weren't playing it properly!!!

HOWEVER, this time the game was much more successful and entertained us all. The questions were somewhat out of date or 'bizzare' e.g Name the top ten gun manufacturers'. Nevertheless- Great fun.

Becky and I finally left the party at 3.00 am. Most people had retired to bed. Although, Mark and Mark were still playing Gran Turismo and my Dad was still drinking, along with two other people, whom I couldn't quite make out as they were a bit fuzzy!

In the morning, most people had a huge hang over and devoured the breakfast, before setting off home.

A GREAT NIGHT WITH GREAT PEOPLE. SAME AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!

A big thank you to Alan and Julie and Brian who travelled a huge distance to make the Christmas do.:santab:

Arkwright

Inactive
Are there any pictures of THE board game? (I'm only asking for Mr Ex cos he's a dirty old man but a bit too shy to ask).

Mr Ex

Inactive
Derek Sulley said:
Are there any pictures of THE board game? (I'm only asking for Mr Ex cos he's a dirty old man but a bit too shy to ask).
I'm not that old & I'm not dirty coz I've had a shower!:D