Cheap or What ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't think it's worth your estimate of £19k.

The advert would worry me. Why do people say very little to do and list trivial things - get them done!

Some strange fuel plumbing on that car and balance bar hose.

Flat tyre - for goodness sake.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Nowhere near £19k! Fresh-ish Resale Red paint ... but some aspects of the rest of the car are a bit rough in my view ... and as Rob says, if all it needs are a few small jobs then do them! Winds me up every time!

richiep

Club Member
Nowhere near £19k! Fresh-ish Resale Red paint ... but some aspects of the rest of the car are a bit rough in my view ... and as Rob says, if all it needs are a few small jobs then do them! Winds me up every time!
Definitely “resale red” - overspray all over suspension bolts and other engine bay hardware. Too lazy to remove them = cheap job.

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
On initial look...

Positives are RHD (in the UK market at least) and the price is "or best offer", it looks fairly complete, wheels look ok, 2+2 more exclusive than 2 seater

Negatives...
Paint looks a long way below par, lots of overspray as Richie says, look closely in the engine bay and around the door jams. Budget job that'll now potentially cost double to do correctly.
Rear bumper is all wrong
Rubber bung where the aerial would normally be
Flat tyre
Only 2 nuts holding a wheel on
Other minor jobs (as discussed above)
2+2 less desirable (for some) and parts more difficult to find than 2 seater
Shouts lack of attention and care to me

This is one that certainly needs to be viewed very carefully in the flesh IMO, but would be nice to see it properly sorted and enjoyed.

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
hand brake doesn't work either.
but if it is all solid, maybe £13,500 is a good price.

Fastededdie

Club Member
Your all right I did not even know there was a classifieds discussion area here. Know I do. Thanks.
You guys have the eagle eyes.
Just hope I can do my resto proud.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
When you think what modern car you can get for £13500 and someone is trying to sell this with a flat tyre, two wheel nuts missing etc etc.

I can't believe that the carb overflows are connected to the tank return.

It just screams 'avoid' to me.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
you can get modern cars with bits missing for £13k too. sometimes people get bored with projects and don't have the energy to finish all these little bits - I don't think it means it's necessarily a crock.

uk66fastback

Club Member
It’s all in the attention to detail for me. On this car, there is none. That’s not to say it is a ‘bad’ car, but you’re paying a lot of money for a shiny coat of paint. The engine and box were whipped out, not even cleaned up by the looks of it, and post respray they were dropped back in again.

Overspray on the side of the dash by the looks of it. You must be able to do better than this for the money?

uk66fastback

Club Member
As a past owner of a Chimaera I’d agree with Ali. The best ‘bang for your buck’ you can get, really. Not the unreliable money pit many think, but a docile until provoked monster easily capable of running round at 30mph in top all day or literally throwing you back in your seat. No fancy gizmos to keep you on the black stuff and definite driver involvement. And a noise like no other! Back to the red ‘un ...