chatbox removal

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
In the last couple of weeks your committee has been discussing the lack of use of the chatbox feature on the front page and the outcome was that as it stays the same for weeks on end it gives out the wrong impression of the club the chatbox will be removed in the next week or so unless there is a massive shout that you would like it kept
A bit like that stupid tele programme says
"no likey,no lighty"

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Get it gone now.
it has been an abject failure from day 1.
Over 50% of its use has been by computer illiterate random people to do the very thing it wasnt designed for... ie ask questions about car tech stuff.:rolleyes:
it has also seved to highlight the fact that the overwhelming majority of the subscribed membership has no wish whatsoever to use the forum for any sort of social networking.

all of course IMO.:D

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
There was one but that failed badly as well:confused:

for the same reasons...... IMO

it has also seved to highlight the fact that the overwhelming majority of the subscribed membership has no wish whatsoever to use the forum for any sort of social networking.

Or in other words...... the overwhelming majority of the subscribed membership are still living and behaving as they did in the mid to late 20th century.

Thats not my opinion its a factual observation of the behaviour on here .
And kndly note I am not passing any sort of judgement on said members in any way.;)
You are what you are.... as I am too.:driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

zbloke

Club Member
If the chatbox where an animal it would have been put out of its misery a long time ago......

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Good riddance to it. All we need to do now is update that calendar below it so we can plan work and other committments around the years z events.

I thought May was a busy month for events but the calandar says no?

wtfrqy.png

JK240

Club Member
Good riddance to it. All we need to do now is update that calendar below it so we can plan work and other committments around the years z events.

I so agree with that, I put an event on the calander for May about 2 or 3 months ago and its still not visible. This is IMO generally good forum but things like the calander really let it down.

Sorry I digress, yeah get rid of the chat box, pointless!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Well ******** then,, count me out !!! BTW,, bacon, bacon ,bacon,

Reid, we all know you will miss the chatbox...... BUt.... you were talking to yourself most of the time.:D
I wasnt against having it per se but it failed so we need to do the decent thing and have it put down humanely.
You can ring me up for a chat on Bacon... Skidell and me consumed a whole pack today at lunchtime vaguely hidden in some small bread rolls:eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I feel the chatbox is a good thing - if you want to chat quick with someone online - you say so there, it could also be used as a direct form of communication between members and the committee.............it COULD also be used for members to vote at the agm when not available to be there in person (and please, don't return with "but that would not encourage anyone to vote in person at the AGM") : people at the AGM represent what % ? All that could happen is that there are more votes..................and justifying charging for overseas members who could not participate in the running of the club.

Maybe the chat box should be placed 'inside' the forum and not on the front page if it's current use disturbs you ?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Only 1/2 joking.... twitter could serve the purpose of the chatbox, for those that wanted it.
#zclub anyone?

M

madmarco

I thought May was a busy month for events but the calandar says no?

Calendar updated with all planned events.