Chances of arrival

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
So guys I've got a little comp for a bit of fun.

What do you reckon my chances are of arriving down south on Monday morning, It's 600 miles non stop through the night, Do you think its a bit far for a car that's been off the road for over 15 years. :D.

Make you bets now.

No break downs.

One break down.

trailered home in disgrace lol.

Rob

tel240z

Club Member
to many variables, hard to say

possible age related problems :-

w/pump

core plugs

hoses

heater matrix

rad condition thats worried you eh Rob

but on reflection i think you will make it dont thrash it al the way take some oil and water a few tools duct tape cable ties and a hammer :lol:

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
how many miles have you done in it already ??

Probably about a 150 so far, I've had a few carb issues but after getting rebuild kits those problems seem to of been solved, The whole ignition system is new no points to worry about, New rad hoses new fuel lines/New fuel filter/New plugs and leads/New starter motor/New modern alternator.

The only things old left are the engine itself the water pump and rad and of cause the fuel pump.

Rob

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Piece of cake - don't thrash it, look ahead to keep a steady drive to keep the temp steady - it's a Nissan no problem !

us2

Well-Known Forum User
Just did 800 miles over the weekend in our 240. Sat on 60mph no problems.
You will do it no sweat. 40 year old Japanese engineering is still good.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just do it Rob and deal with any consequencies. It'll be a good way to get to know the car and those sort of trips are memorable.

If you take the easy option i.e. in a modern car, you'll wish you'd tried the Z.

Take a blanket in case you have to stop during the night.

Dale

Club Member
I drove to Le Mans and back (Newcastle) without a single issue. I may have also been "motoring" for most of that too ;)

There's plenty of room in the car to take some valuable tools and stuff just in case, so go for it! :thumbs:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
...There's plenty of room in the car to take some valuable tools and stuff just in case, so go for it! :thumbs:
Not when Rob's in it. He's a wee BIG fella!

Do it mate. It'll be superb (even with headaches, you'll be getting to know it more and more).

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks all for the vote of confidence except the onion muncher of cause lol.

I've been busy trying to some carpet into the bloody thing, I was going to pop it over to my mates to fix the broken drivers door latches, But now I've pulled away for a mobile crane re training cause for the rest of the week.

I'll just have to make do with open the door by sticking my hand in it to push down the latch lol.

Rob