Castle Combe, Saturday 23rd March 2019

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
At the Castle Combe Circuit on the above date is the Great Western Sprint organised by the Bristol Motor Club.

The Queen Square Bristol Breakfast Club (facebook) has also flagged up this event in their calendar. They often have a good selection of cars turning up at their meets. Not sure if this is a formal meetup for them.

Nonetheless, this might be an opportunity for old Z's to informally get together. Something will be happening there so it will not be a wasted trip. And it seems to be free.

Farmer42

Club Member
If I know there will be a few ZClub members or Zeds there besides the 350 or 370Zs I might be tempted to come along. Really depends on the weather but it would be good to give the car a decent run.

I am probably one of the few that don't use Facebook, Twitter etc. so I am not aware of the dates for Queens Square Breakfast meets. Wouldn't mind going to one or 2 of those.

Huw

Club Member
I would normally attend. However, due to personal circumstances, priorities have had to change. I will not be able to attend this or most other events this year.

Huw

Matt Berry

Club Member
If I know there will be a few ZClub members or Zeds there besides the 350 or 370Zs I might be tempted to come along. Really depends on the weather but it would be good to give the car a decent run.

I am probably one of the few that don't use Facebook, Twitter etc. so I am not aware of the dates for Queens Square Breakfast meets. Wouldn't mind going to one or 2 of those.
Queens Square breakfast meets are the 1st Sunday of every month I believe

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
I will be going if the weather forecast is dry as will DaveP. We are both in S. Wales. Probably arrive late morning. It is almost certainly a free event. The number of cars showing up in general will depend on how many Queen Square cars&coffee crowd show up. Of course the Bristol Motor Club will have their track cars doing their thing.

ben240z

Club Member
Normally we would have been there competing at this event but due to delays in sourcing the discs and pads I needed over the winter along with some other issues we have not been able to enter the event.

There are normally some very quick cars there. Enjoy

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Gary, I'll need to speak to Dave but will suggest meeting at Junction 30 Cardiff Gate Services at 9.15 am. Will decide if its a goer on Friday, subject to weather forecast.

madda

Well-Known Forum User
I might join you. Wife’s away, so a good Saturday trip with my daughter if it’s dry and not too breezy.

Farmer42

Club Member
The weather report is looking promising - no rain forecast & sunny intervals. Will be arriving about 10am. I presume we park up in the paddock area?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Queens Square breakfast meets are the 1st Sunday of every month I believe

Just pointing out, its the 2nd Sunday of every month. I didn't like the thought of anyone getting up early and wasting a journey to queen's Square.

There are usually a few Ford capri, the odd Mexico, lots of different cars really. Mustang or 2. My fav was the AC cobra.

Farmer42

Club Member
Just pointing out, its the 2nd Sunday of every month. I didn't like the thought of anyone getting up early and wasting a journey to queen's Square.

There are usually a few Ford capri, the odd Mexico, lots of different cars really. Mustang or 2. My fav was the AC cobra.
What sort of turnout does it get I terms of zeds? Is there a huge turnout of various cars and limited space? What time does it start?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
What sort of turnout does it get I terms of zeds? Is there a huge turnout of various cars and limited space? What time does it start?

It gets packed quickly with limited parking, turnout big enough to take up spaces and people end up parking on double yellows. Starts 8am (early on a Sunday morning)

Not a lot of zeds I'm afraid. Might get one 370z.

madda

Well-Known Forum User

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Is anyone meeting this side of the bridge before they leave Gods country?

I’m up for meeting at Magor services if others are...?