Carpet and Vinyl Kit. What have people got?

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey Guys, Im after a carpet and vinyl kit for my 1978 260Z.

Ive tried Romas but he does nothing for the 260. Theres a few online companies but Id ideally like a moulded carpet kit as the piecemeal ones Ive seen don't seem good quality?

Same for vinyl, is anyone running the Z store ones?

atomman

Club Member
I have those Coverdale carpets in my 240z fit and quality was good , didn't order the whole kit though , no tunnel and rear vertical bit behind the seats, as I had the factory vinyl and wanted to keep it , makes the kit a bit cheaper to,

My last Z I ordered the vinyl kit from Z Store and can say I was very happy with it to, it takes a bit of heat and patience to get it to fit like factory though,

Russell

Club Member
I just ordered the complete set and overmats for mine. Not ready to go in yet though so just chucked in the loft for now.

They are really helpful and was less than £300 for the carpet, underlay and overmats which I thought was pretty good.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I just ordered the complete set and overmats for mine. Not ready to go in yet though so just chucked in the loft for now.

They are really helpful and was less than £300 for the carpet, underlay and overmats which I thought was pretty good.
Who from?

Vaughan

Club Member

Ive tried Romas but he does nothing for the 260. Theres a few online companies but Id ideally like a moulded carpet kit as the piecemeal ones Ive seen don't seem good quality?

Hi have you got sorted for the vinyl? I have an original set from a 260 which I might be persuaded to part with if you are interested? Let me know and I can dig it out and send some photos.
Vaughan

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Ive tried Romas but he does nothing for the 260.

Romas does for the 240Z and 280Z (2x seater), did you mean 260Z 2+2 ?

Robbie J

Club Member
I have a JDM 2/2 carpet set (- boot) new old stock. This could be used as a pattern. It has carpet tunnel but will be different LHD 280Z

I have old boot carpet for the pattern as well. Would Romas copy it?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I have a JDM 2/2 carpet set (- boot) new old stock. This could be used as a pattern. It has carpet tunnel but will be different LHD 280Z

I have old boot carpet for the pattern as well. Would Romas copy it?

He might - I'll ask him. Perhaps he could add one floor side and take away the other from a 2x seater LHD - should be the same footwells.....although you'd need to measure the width of each floor at the point where the front rail of the seats touches the tunnel.

Robbie J

Club Member
He might - I'll ask him. Perhaps he could add one floor side and take away the other from a 2x seater LHD - should be the same footwells.....although you'd need to measure the width of each floor at the point where the front rail of the seats touches the tunnel.
i have the carpet out of the car as well so i could ship both sides in one

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ok, get me those measurements, I'll try and persuade him (he aint a 2+2 fan and stubborn) and then ship if ok. He did make me a Cherry 100A carpet and it was gorgeous - 100% cat approval !

Attachments

• 003 (3).JPG
    003 (3).JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 008 (4).JPG
    008 (4).JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Dark blue carpet.jpg
    Dark blue carpet.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 24

Brum

Forum User
I bought a set from zcarsource in arizona. Nothing fitted so I'm guessing they sent the wrong ones but as I didn't open the package for over 2 years I never knew until it was to late

Robbie J

Club Member
I bought a set from zcarsource in arizona. Nothing fitted so I'm guessing they sent the wrong ones but as I didn't open the package for over 2 years I never knew until it was to late
for an LHD or RHD car? I'm imagining that a converted LHD to RHD car will need some "re-alignment" in the carpet dept

Last edited:

Brum

Forum User
Original RHD.

Unless the rear wheel arches are different shapes, the center tunnel is much larger and the places where the seats bolt in are different I think they just sent the wrong stuff. None of it fits really.

Going to rip it off and get someone local to make a custom set

uk66fastback

Club Member
Can the original not be restored? That's what I am doing with mine - '72 LHD 240. But mine is in very good nick - it's just lost the colour, got dirty etc. At least you'll know it fits!

Robbie J

Club Member
Can the original not be restored? That's what I am doing with mine - '72 LHD 240. But mine is in very good nick - it's just lost the colour, got dirty etc. At least you'll know it fits!
mine is yellowish when it was blue originally + all the backing is dust

uk66fastback

Club Member
Mine had no backing as such, it was just glued onto the jute. If most of the interior is to be new then makes sense to have new vinyl (or carpet, or whatever).

status

Well-Known Forum User
Alik I just had a look at the link,trouble is they have wot I think is that horrible cheap looking edging where the original should have a whipped edging,I think I’ve found a place that can get to near as original as poss but I need someone’s tunnel carpet for a pattern to send of
I did put a plea out on here a few weeks back to borrow one but it’s been moved to somewhere where it won’t get noticed as Had trouble finding it again so that’s that idea gone unless someone comes across it,I’ll have another look for it later but once again if anyone has a 260z coupe transmission tunnel carpet I can borrow for a template that’ll be good,280 might be the same but it’s not a uk car so might have a few variants