Carb tuner needed

toopy

Club Member
Anyone heard of or used, Classic Cars of Kent http://www.cckhistoric.com/ look like they would be
ideal for tuning and rolling road etc, plus just about every other service you could require.

Fourways is a lot nearer, but they have no rolling road and from previous experience costs can be excessive :unsure:

toopy

Club Member
At those prices they better know what they are doing :)

True, but if they are indeed as proficient as it would appear from the website, then money well spent IMO
especially as from then on the carbs shouldnt need to be touched for years :)

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
I do know a man who is a maestro with old school carbs, I'll get his attention first then pm his number to anyone that wants it.
His workshop is near Petersfield, Hants, on a farm and I'm afraid i don't know the business name.

Jdscuba

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'm constantly mucking around with stuff (like cam timing, distributor, head work etc) and I found getting professionals to set the carbs up each time very expensive. I don't buy old school geezers and a stethoscope - I think its got to be on the rolling road with an experienced carb tuner.

Earlier this year I stuck a wideband AFR sensor & gauge in, and it's enabled me to tune my carbs much better than I could with an expensive day on the rolling road. I'd recommend doing just that. buying and installing the AFR kit and buying your first selection of jets/needles is less than a day on the rolling road. bit of a no brainer I think.

toopy

Club Member
Which carbs are we talking about or is it just "general" carb talk

2" Su's HD8

but its not just the tuning issue, i think the linkage between the carbs for the throttle needs fettling,
it feels a bit stiff for the first couple of mm of movement. When i had the carbs on the bench
to replace the needles etc the linkage was lovely and smooth and free moving.
Now its all bolted up its stiff :confused:
so i need someone who can not only tune carbs but spot an obvious operational issue as above!

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Talk to Aaron at HT Racing Brands Hatch

He's got a rolling road.....Very good name...I use them for everything car tuning related

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Yes Ford is the main thing but I've given Aaron...Lotus..Etypes..TR's..VW..Dodge..911.

Sorted them all

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Holy thread revival batman! I would highly recommend CCK Historic - the only people I would let near my car for work I can't do myself.

Agree with Jon B on AFR v Stethescopes ;))