Car SOS

supermik

Well-Known Forum User
It looks like the new series of Car SoS is going to be restoring a Z. Caught a couple of glimpses of a green Z in the opening episode of the new series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Dont know how to start a new thread so will just have to hijack this slightly.
It looks like the new series of Car SoS is going to be restoring a Z. Caught a couple of glimpses of a green Z in the opening episode of the new series.

Yes it is, I sourced a car for the 'this is what it could be like' vehicle.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Will look forward to that - I wonder where they sourced all the interior trim and other stuff that they always find 'locally'.....4ways, ZFarm ?:eek:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Will look forward to that - I wonder where they sourced all the interior trim and other stuff that they always find 'locally'.....4ways, ZFarm ?:eek:

They asked me about an exhaust (they have modified it a bit I think) so I said I knew where they could get a good design from ;). They then said one our guys can source things or have an exhaust made - I tried to explain but they appeared to want to go their own way.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Rob, I'd have done them a VERY good deal but never mind....TV people always 'know better' and it's all rigged....all for which we should is that they say nice things about the look and drive of the Z....which is all good make-promotion !

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
I quite like Fuzz Townshend, ex drummer from Pop Will eat Itself and The Wonder stuff ex editor of Practical Classics or something, but Tim Shaw is a proper Knob.
I remember an early episode when they took a Willys Jeep that some old boy had had forever and re shelled it, gave it back as here's your old car back all lovely and restored. WTF

I quite like Fuzz Townshend, ex drummer from Pop Will eat Itself and The Wonder stuff ex editor of Practical Classics or something, but Tim Shaw is a proper Knob.
I remember an early episode when they took a Willys Jeep that some old boy had had forever and re shelled it, gave it back as here's your old car back all lovely and restored. WTF

Just like the rally car on here:D

Sam_C

Club Member
Yep, agreed.

Seconded. They try to come over all blokey but just look a pair of divs, with Shaw elected as Div-In-Chief. And what's with all the high-five'ing? Embarrassing and second rate TV, leave it to DI Gene Hunt and Ant Antstead. Even that gobby cockney and Edd China do a better job than Fuzz and Gobshite.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
They try to come over all blokey but just look a pair of divs, with Shaw elected as Div-In-Chief. And what's with all the high-five'ing? Embarrassing and second rate TV.........Gobshite.

I wouldn't mind Fuzz as the mate next door who'd fix your gearbox overnight but Div-in-chief is what we call here 'tête-à-clacque'......he has a face and attitude that make you want to give him a good slap !:)

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
In the last series they did a Sebring Sprite, for which they needed an engine, they came to a gent over here, who has an original car, having owned it from period and he had an ex Works engine, they way they portrayed him and how the Tim boy tried to get the engine from him I thought was disgraceful.

Yes Fuzz looks a decent guy, but the sidekick is just a pathetic joke.

Mind you Megacar Rebuild is surpassing everything that went before....... But that's another story

Anyway let's hope they generate some interest in Zs..............I know of a good one on the market ;)

Sam_C

Club Member
I wouldn't mind Fuzz as the mate next door who'd fix your gearbox overnight but Div-in-chief is what we call here 'tête-à-clacque'......he has a face and attitude that make you want to give him a good slap !:)

"Tete-a-claque"! That sounds great,I might have to borrow that :)

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Fuzz is ok!...

Makes me laugh when they say that they only have 3 weeks to completely restore a car though!

You can usually see some of the other cars they're working on for the show in the back of the workshop!

It's only entertainment of course!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Makes me laugh when they say that they only have 3 weeks to completely restore a car though!
It's only entertainment of course!

Bit of a boring usual-theme though all this deadline stuff...it just follows on from house or 1xroom decoration programmes....take the time and do it right so it'll last should be the message.:bow:

uk66fastback

Club Member
I quite like Fuzz, it's obvious he knows his stuff and he's not the prat the other guy comes across as. But then if they were both the same, it'd be odd, he has to play the 'lad/cowboy/joker' to Fuzz's straight man ...

Looking forward to the Z programme.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I think Fuzz T is a nice enough bloke and he seems to know his onions, I mean he's a drummer so he's gotta be a top bloke :) It's WD's Mike Brewer that annoys me, if he sat on my car like he seems to sit on everyone else's I'd give him a smack in the chops and tell him to 'F*** OFF'.
I thought I caught a tiny glimpse of a Z in Fuzz's workshop.