Can't add comment on 'Wanted' ad

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I just tried to post a comment in answer to a 'Wanted' ad on the classifieds, but when I hit the 'Submit' button my post disappears.

Is this a glitch, or is it impossible to reply to 'Wanted' ads?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi Alan reason was that it has to be approved as a few years ago we were invade by a couple of people spamming the classifieds and posting up posts of a sexual nature that was not pleasant and we cant find out how to change it back
I am the one who normally approves them normally with in an Hour or too it is up there now

Paul Henley

Club Member
Hi Steve, I just tried to add a post in the Wanted, but couldn't find where to add a pic? Thanks in advance Paul

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi Steve, I just tried to add a post in the Wanted, but couldn't find where to add a pic? Thanks in advance Paul
What you could do is do what atomman did with his latch classified and post up an add and then add a picture in a reply to the add if that makes sense
would have thought though in the inital add you could paste in a link of the location of the photo from photobucket or simular

Paul Henley

Club Member
Thanks Steve, I wondered how that had been done with the latch Post. I've tried but It won't let me paste in a reply either???? and unfortunately I don't use anything like photobucket Doh..... Thanks anyway. Paul:(

Dale

Club Member
I don't know if it would work (though it should), but you could use this thread (as a type of Photobucket) and attach a picture to your post. Click on the picture after you have submitted it and copy and paste the URL to the advert comment using
tags at each end? If that makes sense?

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Would you not need to have the photo uploaded on an image hosting site before you can post it in a thread anyway?

Creating a photobucket account is free and literally takes 2 minutes, you just need to remember the log on details when you log back on in a month's time :D

Dale

Club Member
Thanks Guys, trying this option :)

I've edited it to show the attachment on the ad itself. When you click on the attachment on the above post it enlarges it, and if you click on it again it opens in a new window. That's the URL you need to create the img link.