Camber Plates - A worthwhile Upgrade vs Camber adjustable topmounts

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey guys,

Im still looking to sort out new suspension for my Z and was looking at getting a set of the BC coilovers. I see these are camber adjustable to a certain degree on the actual top hat. I see that the only way to adjust them though is off the car, then bolt them back in to see actually how much camber you have added which seems really cack.

Ive seen the Arizona Z car camber plates being used as well but originally didnt really want to cut into my strut tops. Is this however the best way of going about it?

The car is currently waiting for paint so If I need to weld them in I need to get a set and do it ASAP unless people think the bolt on bolt off adjustment is OK?

Thanks guys!

Ian

Club Member
You've either got bolt in camber plates or weld in, both involve cutting your strut towers but they are the best way to adjust camber easily and accurately.

I didn't to fit any to the rear, I have decent camber without it just from the car sitting lower.

johnymd

Club Member
I use my blue car on the track so wanted it to be as adjustable as possible. In reality I have only adjusted the front once and that's when I first put them on.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Keeping the strut tops factory. I got the new T3 top hats which bolt in and can be "clocked" to get some negative camber 1/2 to 1 degree. So I added T3 adjustable lower control arms which can be adjusted on the car. Few pics.
3y0CEAg.jpg

TjdFY2Q.jpg

BCjGXvM.jpg