Cam sensor

Skallywag

Club Member
Hi, since making the decision to go with throttle bodies over the OE carbs its been a bit of a minefield.

Long story short, does anyone know if a cam sensor is available for the L24?

Any advise or information would be a great help.

Cheers

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1214.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1214.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 7

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
no. never had a cam sensor. why do you want one? are you feeling the need to say "I'm fully sequential"?

There's no real benefit, unless you're desperate to pass a euro6 emissions test.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
having said that, there are of course several ways you could detect the cam position.

ben240z

Club Member
I use a hall effect sensor on the distributor base plate with a 180 degree disc to identify no 1. But am also using coils on the plugs so not using the distributor for anything else

Skallywag

Club Member
Thanks for input guys. the reason I ask is, the guy who will be mapping the engine asked if one was available. If nothing else this resto project has at least confirmed that I'm definitely not of the digital age.
I'm sure he can set it up without, its just he's obviously into getting every sensor on the engine he can to get it setup to his satisfaction. I think I'll be quite happy once its running again.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
If you are looking for a sensor for an aftermarket ECU the turbo dizzy can run a dual track optical disk in it (does anyhow) but you can run a modified disc like diyautotune, etc makes to give you TDC and RPM info if you wanted to run a distributorless ignition, sequential fuel, etc...
I’m running one in my engine but only using it to run wasted spark and batch firing of injectors

Attachments

• 03059472-36BA-4BC3-90F5-E42D4C6879CF.jpeg
    03059472-36BA-4BC3-90F5-E42D4C6879CF.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10

Skallywag

Club Member
Thanks for the information guys, I'll have to checkout the various options and decide the route to take from here.