Calender

johnymd

Club Member
I know this has come up before but it really bugs me so I've got to raise it again.

Firstly, before a start moaning. Well done Mike for adding the goodwood meet to this months events. I know there are other things going on this month and there's lots in may but no sign of any of these events in the calender.I spent some time updateing my own calender last night and had to go through threads in order to find out what was on and when. I'm trying not to miss any events and Sue keeps asking me when we can fit a holiday in around my car days so I need to play. Dont want to have to cancel a holiday because there's a car thing going on at the same time so it would be good to get them all listed in the obvious place: THE CALENDER.

martinmac

Inactive
Thats a fair point. I have just added LakeZ. I will endeavour to update the calendar for joint meets and would ask people to add their own events when they post them.

Mr.F

Inactive
Apologies - I need to get the Drag Challenge events up...
And the rest of the SEKZ...

JK240

Club Member
I tried this last year too, added the Leighton Hall event to the calender and it said something about needing moderator approval I'm sure, tried twice but it never made the calander so I haven't bothered again although I agree with Johny that it makes sense to have an event calender that is easy to refer to.

racer

Club Member
I've brought this up before. I think the Calender is too cumbersome. :smash:
I think we should have an up and coming events list on the front page like we used to.
I think this would really help attendances at events IMO.

johnymd

Club Member
Can we maybe change the permissions so any paid up club member can add events in order to speed things up a bit. We are coming up to busy times and its still looking a bit sparse.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Can we maybe change the permissions so any paid up club member can add events in order to speed things up a bit. We are coming up to busy times and its still looking a bit sparse.
Have asked for this to be activated as I do not know how to do

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
The senile old fool had a play with the calendar setting and using john's account for testing have managed to change it so anyone can post an event that would ease the situation instead of only having a couple of people being able to enter events

I have left the test dates notices in the diary even though they are not actual events to see if anyone does click on these to see what they are

As it is now if anyone wants to help out and add any of the proposed event dates or indeed any missed dates please do as it would be appreciated by all

The calendar system is as Racer says is a indeed a pile of poo as IMHO far to big and takes over the whole of the front page but as we are hopefully updating to VB 4 shortly there is not much point in working on altering the layout and then have to set it all up again when the change over takes place

racer

Club Member
Not bad for an old fart are you Steve!

I did put in half a dozen events before you made the change, but it said awaiting aprooval from the Lord and masters. :D If you can't see them Steve I'll do them again when I have a chance.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Not bad for an old fart are you Steve!

I did put in half a dozen events before you made the change, but it said awaiting aprooval from the Lord and masters. :D If you can't see them Steve I'll do them again when I have a chance.
Had a poke arround and can find any of the events so if you could would be every so gratfull (Crawl Crawl)why cant I get the smilies to drop down this pile of poo is getting awful stange it is working now :flyingpig:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Just got a bit uperty as when clicked on a day hightlighed with the red an z highlighting it did not bring the info of the event up
After a few eff this waste of time thoughts tried again and realised that you have to click on the orange circle that surrounds the date to get the event to pop up