I have managed to find time table

there a car display Sunday there aswell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190611-164423.jpg
    Screenshot_20190611-164423.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 15

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Charles came first was really good to watch had pole position had slow start so bad some places to make up ;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes they do use the 'Mountain'.

I have a hunch that Charles makes a slow start on purpose. I've seen him do it and also read reports of the same. He has such ability and confidence that I reckon he wants to make it more of a challenge.

He is an inspiration to all us old men. I think he's 77!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hey Rob
Are you hinting that Charles has had no competition since that Red and white Zed stopped Racing?

Well he has had competition but he knows when he has it from qualifying. I'm probably wrong but he is such an expert why does he get his starts wrong and then recover to the front in about 5 laps?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just looked at the results on the HSCC website.

Charles was 2.5 secs faster than P2 in qualifying. Time to get your car out again Matt!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
do the cars get airborne over the hill? Really tight round that section.

I haven't seen Charles 'on the mountain' but I have seen two other Datsuns (one mine with son driving) and no they just go light at the rear and revs rise.

Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I don't follow you Rob, junior said that there was another bloke racing in the HSCC series at Cadwell and you mention a trackday....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't follow you Rob, junior said that there was another bloke racing in the HSCC series at Cadwell and you mention a trackday....

Sorry I missed 'juniors' mention of a second Z. There isn't one in the qualifying or results.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Datsun 1200 was out racing aswell fun little car to watch

Yeah they went up the montain ill upload some pics too

yeah chafles got the lead back after 4 laps :) was really fun to watch

also when i was leaving around 1pm a bloke came up with his teenage son and he too has a 240z I think and is in the middle of putting a samuri engine in it he also said his mates had a z a piece one was a L reg he said and other was a mustard colour dunno anymore, I didn't ask too much about the samuri engine lol, he had seen my spike book in back of car.

Bloke not on social media and also didn't no about the zclub