CA Z cars

Skib

Forum User
Joined the forum for a thread I came across, figure Ill post here too.

From the US and current builds are a 70 L28et car

TlxlVOB.jpg

FkNJBVk.jpg

1fEhlsL.jpg

and a 72 caged VQ35 getting an oem G-Nose

Z20tGCK.jpg

l0HHdpZ.jpg

foYIWmv.jpg

Skib

Forum User
Is that Spike Spiegels jet on the bonnet?

Absolutely

Gowpe2Q.jpg

I was so sick of doing body work and paint on the car at the time, I needed a fun project.
A lot of my past builds I usually do some art on or under the bonnet.
Its all hand done with spray paint, paint pens and finished off with 2k automotive clear.

Skib

Forum User
How strange to pick up the air there on the VQ35 build....?

Agreed, Im finishing this car for a customer/buddy.

Its not how Id put it, buuut he also lives in a cool climate,
and its been that way for a few years with no Ill effect.

I prefer it routed down and out mainly for packaging and its better looking.
But performance wise, on a stock VQ35 it would only have very negligible difference, if any on a dyno graph.

Fantastic driver with that engine and the 6 speed though, the VQ really comes into its own in a light body. The 350Z is a pig.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Its not how Id put it, buuut he also lives in a cool climate,
and its been that way for a few years with no Ill effect..

Fantastic driver with that engine and the 6 speed though, the VQ really comes into its own in a light body. The 350Z is a pig.
Fair enough if it's cool there and with little overall perfomance effect.

What's the total weight of VQ engine and it's 6spd box please ? Very different to an L-series and 5spd ?

Skib

Forum User
Fair enough if it's cool there and with little overall perfomance effect.

What's the total weight of VQ engine and it's 6spd box please ? Very different to an L-series and 5spd ?

The VQ35DE with manifolds and stuff on it is about 330LB/150KG
The CD009 6 speed is about 120LB/54KG

The L24 that would be in the car here, with SU carbs and exhaust manifold, accessories and flywheel attached is 389.4LB/176.6KG
The Datsun 5 speed is 130LB/59KG

So overall it is lighter and set farther back, so all the weight is at or behind the center line of the steering and front suspension.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The VQ35DE with manifolds and stuff on it is about 330LB/150KG
The CD009 6 speed is about 120LB/54KG

The L24 that would be in the car here, with SU carbs and exhaust manifold, accessories and flywheel attached is 389.4LB/176.6KG
The Datsun 5 speed is 130LB/59KG

So overall it is lighter and set farther back, so all the weight is at or behind the center line of the steering and front suspension.
I thought the Lseries even heavier than that so it must fly and should handle well - just doesn't look as sexy....maybe sound awesome tho. :)

Skib

Forum User
I thought the Lseries even heavier than that so it must fly and should handle well - just doesn't look as sexy....maybe sound awesome tho. :)

The L28e and especially the L28et are heavier.

Not nearly as good looking. Visually its a pretty boring engine haha

But it performs very well in the car on the road and on the track.
It revs super fast to 6500RPM and sounds pretty good threw 2.5in/64mm exhaust and a Borla

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Absolutely

Gowpe2Q.jpg

I was so sick of doing body work and paint on the car at the time, I needed a fun project.
A lot of my past builds I usually do some art on or under the bonnet.
Its all hand done with spray paint, paint pens and finished off with 2k automotive clear.
I also want to do art under the bonnet, I saw someone do the Japanese wave with mount Fiji in the background? That was some inspiring stuff. I was thinking of a local artist from where I live.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-153700.png
    Screenshot_20220928-153700.png
    861.4 KB · Views: 28