Buying a 350z

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
I just put a deposit on a 350Z GT at my local Nissan dealer. It's they're demo car. It's standard, Grey with the black leather interior. It's done 8900 miles. 2003 53 reg. It's 25K.
Am I getting a good deal?

Mr.F

Inactive
The rumour is that 350Zs are being quoted at close to zero depreciation at the moment, so £25K is a fair price!

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Just found a 2004 53 reg black 350Z (not GT) 11K miles private sale for 21K. Sounds a better deal to me. Any thoughts before i go and buy it?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
What's the difference between a GT and not a GT ? Seems like the difference and 4 grand will make your mind up !

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,Nick, Youre doing the right thing looking around,Don,t rush into it,as, they will go down a bit more,or a owner may part with it if he is emigrating or something simular, at the Moment, as Mike say,s, they are holding prices though............DJZ 60.

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Black sounds good ;)

Is it a UK car though? Good luck in the hunt, buying private will always save you a few pounds and with such a new car it should still be under manufacturers warranty.

Cheers,
Rob

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Bought it. God they look good in black. I was a bit wooried about it having only seen GT's and was worried i'd be disappointed with the cloth interior, but it looks great. Picking it up tomorrow so i'll stick some photos on my gallery

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Congratulations on your purchase.You are probably right to not pay top dollar for a 350Z, as being Nissans they will depreciate!
I know that UK spec cars fetch more money, but £25K is a dealer price and the waters will become muddier as time passes....just look at the 300zx scene!
Cheerz,
JEZ
p.s. I'm having to build my own 350Z....a Maisto 1:24 kit!:(

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Congrats Nick, we'll have to get a pic of your new aquisition next to mine :D

Look forward to seeing it!

Cheers,
Rob

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Hi sean,

as far as i'm aware there are 3 differences

the Gt has cruise control the standard doesn't

the Gt has a bose head unit the standard has a nissan unit

the Gt has leather interior the standard has cloth.

I did read in an american mag that said the Gt models had limited slip diff but i'm not sure on that.

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Nick,

Welcome to 350 ownership!! :D :D There's still not that many of us round here, although it's just a question of time, I'm sure!

Nice choice of colour too, the Kuro Black is really nice, and suits the car, I think. Bloody good price too. That's as cheap as I've seen '52 imports, so you've done very well, there.

I'm not sure I agree about the extra bits that you get on a GT, though ...

I thought all 350's had cruise control, regardless - are you sure you've got a UK model?

Also, in addition to the leather, the seats are also electric and heated. Plus, if you take the GT pack, you can opt for the Alezan (orange) leather - although I chose to leave that one on the shelf! :)

Got any pictures? :D

CheerZ,
JB.

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Hi John-Boy,

Checked on Nissan UK website and cruise control is only available on the GT. You had me sweeting for a minute.

Sitting here itching to go and pick it up.

Will post photos tonight

Mr.F

Inactive
Cruise is part of the GT pack. The Bose system has extra speakers, inc. big bass bin. All UK cars are LSD but some imports may not have this. The UK cars had upgraded interior parts, revised suspension, the track/sport brake package (Brembo) and revised integration of the traction control, LSD, ABS - now called ESP (electronic stability package). Also, underbody air management and rear spoiler. The easy way to spot an import is the size and shape of the rear numberplate aperture..........

There are other minor differences like two power ports on UK, damped dash cubby cover, the phone integration etc. Imports will be speed limited to 112mph.

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
HPI'd it and the dvla import marker is 'no'.
It's got the phone intergration and the 2 power points but it hasn't got a rear spoiler.
I'm sure it is a uk car.

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nick,

Sorry to sow the seeds of doubt in your mind, but that does sound like a cracking price - snap it up ASAP!! :)

According to the poll on this website there are only 3 350s, and I guess yours will make 4, and I'm pretty sure they're all different colours too! That'll look good at a future meet!! :D :D

Perhaps the spoiler was removed to smooth the look - the standard one isn't that remarkable, anyway. Thinking of a Carbon one for mine, as I do like the look of carbon with the gunmetal.

CheerZ,
JB.

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
What a car!!!!!!!!!

It has got a spoiler, just not that noticeable.

I'll post a photo in my gallery.

Hope to show it of soon at a meet.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
blimey 112mph my old 260 would beat that if it were thrown off a cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Imports (presumably from Japan) limited to 112 mph ! Might just as well put a Micra engine in it ! What a waste !

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Not if it,s a" Micra R", 2-litre. 265bhp..0-60 in 4.8 sec,s, top speed 150mph, two-third,s the weight of a 350Z .The prototype,has engine mounted behind driver,s seat and is built by Ray Mallock ltd. the" Micra R" will possibly go into production & cost Twenty-four grand........................................DJZ 60.