Bullock anti theft pedal lock

toopy

Club Member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/146142-Uni...22692583&sr=8-21&keywords=car+pedal+lock&th=1

Im getting a bit paranoid about leaving the car over night at the hotel when at Donnington :(

So while doing a bit of searching for mechanical security devices, i came across this Italian made pedal lock that appears to have a good reputation, in Italy at least from what i can understand.
Trouble is, there is precious little decent info about the products in English, all i really want to know is, would the universal type lock as above be suitable for the S30?
Any Italian speakers among us? Its quite an expensive mistake if it wont work, if it was half the price i'd be inclined to take a punt on it!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Send me the text mr T and I'll get my wife to translate - she's fluent!

toopy

Club Member
Toopy, is your car insured appropriately?

Yes, of course, but in reality these cars are pretty easy to steal for a determined cockwomble, so the more obstacles the better :willynilly:

and like you have pertained to in another thread, trackers and the like are great, but i'd rather it did'nt go joy riding in the first place!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That's why I went for the wheel clamp option. But even then it can be lifted onto a recovery truck if someone really wants it!

The funniest thing was the morning of the last JAPfest at the hotel car park when a young lad came up to me to sympathise and said "ah mate! Can't believe the clamped your beautiful car"!

I reached in my pocket, got the key and said "watch this"!! ;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes, of course, but in reality these cars are pretty easy to steal for a determined cockwomble, so the more obstacles the better :willynilly:

and like you have pertained to in another thread, trackers and the like are great, but i'd rather it did'nt go joy riding in the first place!

Yes BUT be prepared for the worst, don't rely on devices etc the ***** tend to get them away if they want them.

We had my lads MotoX bike stolen and I couldn't believe I didn't hear them.

toopy

Club Member
That's why I went for the wheel clamp option. But even then it can be lifted onto a recovery truck if someone really wants it!

Agreed, but the chances of that are probably quite small, I'd of thought they are more likely to drag it onto a trailer, so the wheel clamp is pretty effective

toopy

Club Member
Im also planning on a heavy duty chain and padlock, threaded through one of the front wheels and round the suspension.

Leaving the wheel at an angle and having the chain as tight as practical, hopefully means it will fight being dragged/pushed/maneuvered in a straight line or otherwise!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Toopy, FYI this is what I bought and carry instead of a spare wheel - fits very nicely in the wheel well.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173196470255

At £135 it's about £70 less than I paid for mine. It helps me sleep better at night before an event! I even leave the doors unlocked to avoid the inevitable screwdrivering. The rotor of the dizzy is also with me in a special pouch my tailor put on my jock strap.

72e856425cad211444c107e2dbc5f4ed.jpeg

And this is precisely why I put the lock in upside down! More fiddly to undo but virtually impossible for someone to try to drill out or fill with acid etc.

Replaced the spare with a can of puff and a tyre inflator pump - good for anything except a blow out! ;)