Building My 92 300zx tt

harnest

New Forum User
I wonder if anyone knows of the Blouch Turbo people. I want as much bolt on power as possible and they claim to take a stock OEM turbo and turn it into a firebreathing monster!...what else will I need with upgraded units to produce at least 400 hp (bolt on)
Thanks
E. Harris

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Going that far you are looking at possible re-map of the ECU. Then you have to worry about cooling the entire system down so I would recommend an intercooler system. Don't forget you have 2 turbos on your car so double your costs for the turbos. Your stock injectors will struggle to keep up with the amount of fuel you will need so look for an upgrade heer as well .... 400bhp is a lot more than stock and your looking at some pretty expensive mods needed to make sure you don't just melt your engine.

SRRAE

Well-Known Forum User
for about 400bhp you are probably looking at the following.

larger injectors,
Remap ecu.
forged pistons, (and all the cost of reboring, new bearings)
NA oil squirters,
Uprated turbos (even with stock size you will need upraded internals)
turbo boost controller.
Larger intercoolers,
Larger radiator.
Exhaust,
Induction kit.
Lightened crank pulley.
Clutch

When I rebuilt my engine more money was spent on what I would call support mods than actual power increase mods. Ie. new wiring loom, water sensors, o2 sensors, PCV hoses, larger radiator, larger intercoolers, clutch, metal gaskets, new lifters. Basically stuff that would give me no performance gain, but needed to be uprated or in top condition to work with more power.