Buemi loses both front wheels! F1 incident

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Frightening - they reckon one upright failed and caused undue stress on the other - seems dodgy to me!

Would you feel comfortable getting in it when repaird? Did you see he even tried to steer it away from the barriers with no wheels on it - a natural reaction I suppose.

Thank goodness he wasn't hurt.

Dale

Club Member
That really is quite scary. What a good thing these circuits have so many run-offs!

Buemi said: "From in the car it was not a problem. I just lost both wheels."

Yeah ya did! :eek:

Watch the clip again and from the cockpit camera, don't concentrate on what the car is doing, watch both wheels. Again, ':eek:!'

edit* I've just watched it again, and the camera man behind the tyre wall doesn't lower his camera because of the car heading in his direction, it's Buemi's front right that slams the tyre wall directly in front of him!!!!! A new pair of pants for that guy I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Club Member
Good spot Dale, I thought the camera man was just a wimp. Should the uprights be tethered as well then??

Red Bull have been very lucky this season not to have killed someone with the brake failures and such.

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
They are tethered but I belive they said the tethers are attached to the uprights ... that failed ... doh!

Quite spectacular ... in some ways I think he was kind of lucky both gave way. If one came off the brake bias would be shot and might of put him in a spin involving rolling and all sorts of mayhem. At least that way he was going in a fairly straight line till he hit the gravel track.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
those F1 car are so prone to rust ,they are worse than datsuns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

makes for some very interesting veiwing

Dale

Club Member
Well I think they have got to look at letting teams do proper testing away from the 'Free Practices'!