Buckaroo Banzai visits the 2012 Geneva Auto Salon

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
buckaroobanzai11-1.jpg

Well I made it back from The show without breaking any more ribs..!

I went to the last Geneva show 2 years ago as it's a bi-annual show with Framkfurt. That was my first and last visit, after the madding crowd that was there I said I wouldnt bother this year.
But memories fade after 2 years so I subjected myself to it again today and if the last show was packed, this one was Uber packed..!
I thought we were still in the midst of a recession but you would never know if you had been there today.
It was packed to the point were it took the enjoyment out of it and trying to take pics was really difficult but still managed to get loads.

The problem with Geneva is it so accessable from any where in Europe and as its so central you can take a morning flight from just about anywhere in Europe 2 hours tops, walk across the road from the airport to the show then fly back home that night. its well set up with car parks an ferry buses to and from the show running continuously, The car manufacturers know all that and thats why its the top European show. but I really dont think I would go again (defo this time)

I was gonna try Frankfurt last year but couldnt find the time but I may see If I can do it next year, it may be easier than Geneva.

So heres Buckaroos top tips for anyone ever thinking of going to Geneva Auto Salon.:

1. Go on a weekday as it must be less packed.
2. make sure you buy your ticket on line (thankfully I did) because if you try to pay at the show you will lose the will to live.
3. get to the show as soon as the doors open at 9:00am, grab a copy of the floorplan as you go in and head straight for the supercars first and take your piccys, leave it till 11:00am and you will be crushed in the madding crowd and stand no chance.
4. there is no No 4.
5. travel light with just a small man bag, dont be a **** and wear a rucksack or you may end up with a black eye.
6. stay at home.

Just uploading the pics so will start posting later

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
this is the exibition halls and the mass of people. it may not look that bad in the pics but certain area you just enter a squeeze of people all pushing and barging.. :no:

SAM_0126.jpg

SAM_0125.jpg

SAM_0124.jpg

SAM_0174.jpg

SAM_0173.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
New Toy motor GT. They seemed to be making comparisons between the original 2000GT and the new 2000GT. to be honest there like chalk and cheese, the only bit they share is the badge. the original 2000GT was an upmarket car, beautifully styled, well appointed and expensive thats why they sold so few.
the new 2000GT is a cut price no frill's lets sell millions plasticfest thats been platform shared with a Scooby to make it cheaper still. and that became more obvious when I looked at the Scooby equivalant as it is identical except for the badge. I thought they would have had subtle changes to separate the 2 cars but I couldnt see any.
I dont understand the marketing plan with that although it will definately appeal to the younger buyer.

SAM_0319.jpg

SAM_0317.jpg

SAM_0314.jpg

SAM_0313.jpg

SAM_0312.jpg

SAM_0311.jpg

SAM_0306.jpg

SAM_0305.jpg

SAM_0304.jpg

SAM_0303.jpg

SAM_0312.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
The Scooby equivalant, just noticed looking at the pics that the wing vent looks a teeny bit different than the Toyota

SAM_0329.jpg

SAM_0328.jpg

SAM_0327.jpg

SAM_0326.jpg

SAM_0325.jpg

SAM_0324.jpg

SAM_0323.jpg

SAM_0322.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
I never cease to be impressed when I see Veyrons, apart from the finish of them it's the fact that its got a 16 litre quad turbo aeroplane engine and all the associated gubbins in a car thats about the same size as a Z32, where do they put everything, must be a nightmare to work on.

SAM_2487.jpg

SAM_2485.jpg

SAM_2483.jpg

SAM_2481.jpg

SAM_2479.jpg

SAM_2476.jpg

SAM_2474.jpg

SAM_2473.jpg

SAM_2471.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Lotus had a big stand and its nice to see the quality of the cars they now build, they dont look like kit cars anymore.

SAM_0344.jpg

SAM_0342.jpg

SAM_0341.jpg

SAM_0340.jpg

SAM_0339.jpg

SAM_0338.jpg

SAM_0337.jpg

SAM_0336.jpg

SAM_0332.jpg

SAM_0330.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Lambo's new Aventador without a roof. I cant see this being a big seller, a 200mph car with no roof and no windscreen? alright for posing down the pub on a sunny day.
Arabs and Hollywood will love it.

SAM_0159.jpg

SAM_0158.jpg

SAM_0157.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Renault still have some way to go to catch up.

SAM_0302.jpg

SAM_0301.jpg

Hammonds Morgan. I like them as there quintesentially British and eccentric

SAM_0197.jpg

SAM_0196.jpg

Pointless Bentley but with beautiful interior

SAM_0165.jpg

SAM_0164.jpg

SAM_0162.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Also just read my own thread, I meant 16 cylinders for the Veyron, not litres as that really would be an Aeroplane engine. really should check what I write before posting..:D