Brooklands classic car show, Sun 23rd July

toopy

Club Member
Anyone fancy going to this

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/btm/member-events/btm-classic-car-show-retrojumble

If enough people are up for it, we could organise a zclub stand perhaps?

deadline for booking if you want to show your car, wether on your own or as a group/club is July 17th, although we may have missed the boat, depends how popular it is, Ive no idea, but I can give them a ring to see whats available :D
Price is £9 per person when booked in advance, £11 on the day

You can get in from 8.30, opens to general public at 10, and then they prefer the car to stay as part of the show until at least 3.45pm, but you can leave earlier if you speak to a marshal, depends where the car ends up being parked/positioned I guess, as to how easy it is to leave early through the walking public!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Being a member who virtually never makes it down there I would love to go however as it seems to be with my entire calendar this year I'm already booked up! :(

I hope you get a good response, Brooklands is a good venue to support.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Why do exhibitors have to pay

Like most places they have overheads to cover and being a charitable organisation they need to collect income from almost any source they can to keep the place ticking over.

Lots of volunteers there but I know they struggle to get the funds together to do all the projects they need to. On principle I would agree with you however in this instance its a good cause and not outrageously priced....

status

Well-Known Forum User
Agree with wot you say but the reason I rarely do car shows is why should exhibitors have to go to even more expense after the time and effort spent on your pride and joy,there was a time that exibitors never paid and then the car show organisers got greedy and said they need to charge exibitors to pay for trophies and a few other things.For that reason i knocked car shows on the head,I normally do the Matching green show but that's gone belly up for various reasons.Hope it all goes ok for those that attend

toopy

Club Member
Like most places they have overheads to cover and being a charitable organisation they need to collect income from almost any source they can to keep the place ticking over.

Lots of volunteers there but I know they struggle to get the funds together to do all the projects they need to. On principle I would agree with you however in this instance its a good cause and not outrageously priced....

Brooklands trust members get in for free, but agree with you, in this case not a huge sum, plus that price includes the museum etc as well :thumbs:

toopy

Club Member
Agree with wot you say but the reason I rarely do car shows is why should exhibitors have to go to even more expense after the time and effort spent on your pride and joy,there was a time that exibitors never paid and then the car show organisers got greedy and said they need to charge exibitors to pay for trophies and a few other things.For that reason i knocked car shows on the head,I normally do the Matching green show but that's gone belly up for various reasons.Hope it all goes ok for those that attend

Agreed, personally i dont mind paying something, which goes towards organising said shows, but anything over £10 - £15 squid for exhibitors is taking the p*ss ;)