Brighton Speed Trials

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Just got entry pack in the post for this and that Jill Newman has entered a 240z :D Just wondering if they are on here?

I will be in the GTR :driving: only as everything else in the shop :smash:

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Be good if you could.... Im only in the handicap class (due to new license), but friend will be there in his R33 running 700+ :D in the open class.

Got the lineup yesterday and some very interesting cars coming through for the day.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
No worries, went quite well.

Here is the 240z:-

And the Ferrari replica

As for the rest of the weekend :) (copy and paste from GTR thread)

Left London early, arrived at Brighton seafront at about 0700... my friend who had brought his 700+bhp R33 discovered a coolant leak, so rushed home to swap to the R35, luckily he is not in central.

As I am only on a National B license, I could only compete in the handicap class. Came 3rd in that class and was beaten by an Austin Healey and sone other thing that both had -9.5 second handicaps and both ran 18 seconds. So I would have had to have gone sub 10 seconds to beat them.

First practice run was without launch control and did 11.51 and my only real run with launch control was 10.94 with 1.84 for the 64ft. I was rather happy with that and think the launch can be better. The launch did feel good though :D

The top 6 for the day were mid 10s and 11s, so with my 1 full run, I would have been 4th overall...... oh well, next year I will have my A license.

Some more pics here:-
http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2016/Brighton Speed Trials

Should have a video of the good run on the blackVue, hopefully I will have time to check today.

My friend in the other R35 was struggling with traction, so decided to steal my rear wheels :) 1st run he bogged down, have a feeling it was due to too little power on the launch, but then improved on his final run to 11.3, but was just outside the top 6.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well done Graham. :thumbs:

Nice 240Z too - think I have seen that entered in another event. Very often the bonnet/wing alignment is poor on these cars isn't it.

Any spec of the GTO Replica?

Which person are you in the wheel-change picture - the onlooker?

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Well done Graham. :thumbs:

Nice 240Z too - think I have seen that entered in another event. Very often the bonnet/wing alignment is poor on these cars isn't it.

Any spec of the GTO Replica?

Which person are you in the wheel-change picture - the onlooker?

Thanks, was fun.... the car is just brilliant.

Yeah, sort of accepted that as normal :) It looked a very nice car, driven by a lady :driving:

Sorry, no spec on GTO, was too busy talking to a Aston and Jag owner - both of which preferred the 240z to the GTO replica.

I was an onlooker, but not in that pic, I gave up my wheels, they did the work :rofl: This cheesy f***er is me

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Good times for a bit of public road.

Oh yes and here are some videos :driving:

My friends runs
[YOUTUBE]HwkL--AA_NM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]lStrqS0WssI[/YOUTUBE]

My runs
[YOUTUBE]_UcyTUXPEMk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]jdvfv_kMwj0[/YOUTUBE]