Bride seats

Matt Berry

Club Member
I’m looking at getting a pair of Bride seats for the 280z.
Just wondering if anyone has installed them in theirs and if so what mounting rails do you have to get.

I’ve spoke to a couple of companies that sell them in the U.K. but it’s a 6 month wait, is there anywhere that’s recommended to get them from with a bit of a less wait?

I’m going to put a half cage in so I want to position the seats first to avoid any space issues

Ian

Club Member
From what I have seen they are a tight fit. Will probably require some custom rails to be built.

Want to try some in mine in the future, I like the style of the original seats but I need the holding of the Brides.

Matt Berry

Club Member
I’ve found the Bride seat rails at last, part numbers are “N151FO” and N152FO”
My plan would be to fit them and the seats and work round them if possible. If not then I think you’re right with the custom mounts.
Just a lot of effort and money to buy the correct seat rails for it not to work out!

Matt Berry

Club Member
The more I research, the more I find how limited seat wise will actually fit. The gap between the tunnel and the inner edge of the sill is where the problem seems to be.
Bride do make seat rails to fit but it seems they may raise the seat up :conf2:

If anyone else has been through fitting seats and wants to share some tips please feel free!

Ian

Club Member
I have seen them fitted, I can confirm its tight on the tunnel and door cards but they do fit, I think the guy used custom rails.

If I get time I will check and see if I can find the photo, sure I have it, I've got thousands of photos of Z setups on my harddrive, makes sorting new ideas easy, but can take a while to find a particular one.

Matt Berry

Club Member
Another issue I’ve just worked out is my car is a 1976, which is a crossover year in July.
There are different seat rails depending on which side of July 1976 my car is :banghead:

Is there a way of identifying which side of July 1976 my car falls into via the VIN number?

From google searching VIN decoders I’ve come to the conclusion mine is from 8/75 to 7/76 but want to be 100% sure before I buy the rails