Brexshyt - this is ominous !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Not only the £ perhaps falling in value but customs charges, VAT and shipping charges going up as certainly the post office here won't ship parcels over 20kgs to non-EEC countries....a complete stainless steel exhaust weighs a minimum of 22kgs so two boxes = double the current postal rate for the same, single kit !

Attachments

• La Poste.png
    La Poste.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 19

uk66fastback

Club Member
Your target should be to get the package under 22kgs then! Or absorb the increase! ;)

The above is tongue-in-cheek and there is no implied inference that Sean should literally do this ...

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Your target should be to get the package under 22kgs then! Or absorb the increase! ;)

The above is tongue-in-cheek and there is no implied inference that Sean should literally do this ...

Not possible to get under 20kgs - I have a new flange saving 500g but it isn't enough.

Absord the increase:rolleyes:....I'll be selling at a loss.

But never mind ME and my goods, every import will have this applied - food, cars, Ikea.....!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not possible to get under 20kgs - I have a new flange saving 500g but it isn't enough.

Absord the increase:rolleyes:....I'll be selling at a loss.

But never mind ME and my goods, every import will have this applied - food, cars, Ikea.....!

Less packaging perhaps!? *joke flag flies high and proud*

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Are you saying the whole of France wont' ship parcels over 20kg to none EEC countries?

They might start having export issues at that rate.
No, the Post Office won't. Obviously courrier firms will accept them but they're already more expensive.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Posts removed to take out the incendiary politics discussions. DON'T START THEM AGAIN PLEASE.

I thought with Sean mentioning WW1 we were getting a history lesson.

I think the Uk have said they’ll lower import duty on most things to make it the same overall cost.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Maybe they will Franken but it will be imposed where it isn't there today so how can it be the same overall cost ? Then there is still the shipping to a nonEEC country whuich will cost more - don't let yourselves be kidded by the 'it'll be alright Jacks' - every import will cost more.

Alan, I respect your experience in imports and exports, yes, volumised transport keeps the costs down but goods being shipped to specific customer destinations can't be repalced by a copuple of pallet-loads or a hald container to some central dispersion office.
And there remains top-quality customer service (and after-sales service) upon which I pride myself - you don't get that in your faceless bulk-shipping.

I do award a 10% discount for club members so that might become more important to some and encourage their membership fees....I note Franken that you're no longer a club member - why is that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.