Brand new steering racks and pinions(Euro spec ratio)

So after a bloody long wait. Price are circa so 5% either way(hopefully down).

Brand new steering racks and pinion's, these are for LHD racks, I'm waiting to double check but I think they're reversible, £230+vat. UK made. Leeds or those who really value northern steel!

Custom bronze bushings are £35(N/S seems to be the one that wears out).

Inner tie rods are being worked on.

Looking at having them done in Euro Spec(UK Ratio). So a quick rack for US market cars. I'm still doing some research however I'm struggling to see the point of going any 'faster'.

Would any on here be interested? I need 10 or the above price point.

Post would be at cost on top(Circa £10).

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
so £300 for a complete, new rack? sounds good. I'd be up for one if they work RHD.

bigh

Club Member
Also interested in a RHD, if enough interest.

Many thanks for taking the time to get this off the ground.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
To confirm my interest for 1x, 2x if it helps get the project going - thanks for the intiative.

So, lhd prices are in £240+vat. that'll be 'euro' spec ratio, so circa 11% faster than lhd US racks. thats for a new rack bar and pinion. if you'd like one, as there's an minimum order, i'd have to get a deposit(50%) as I don't want to end up with a garage full of rack bars!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Jason.

I confirm my interest in 1x and should you need help making up the MOQ, I can go to 3x (I have enough Zs to use them up :)).

PM me the payment details please.

Thanks again and a Merry, healthy Christmas.

ps : What's the news on these too please ?

Custom bronze bushings are £35(N/S seems to be the one that wears out). Inner tie rods are being worked on.

zbloke

Club Member
yes, bloody expensive aren't they. in the new year, i'm looking at getting the new bars cut with the option of a high quality/much cheaper tie rod end.

Personally I don't think they are expensive, especially when you consider there is nothing else currently available as a direct replacement for the inner tie rods on an OEM style externally threaded rack bar

If you're prepared to shop around you can find them cheaper than the price quoted on Rare Parts own site

Will your new rack bars follow the OEM externally threaded design or be drilled and tapped to accept a more modern style of male stud inner tie rod?

Huw

Club Member
So after a bloody long wait. Price are circa so 5% either way(hopefully down).

Brand new steering racks and pinion's, these are for LHD racks, I'm waiting to double check but I think they're reversible, £230+vat. UK made. Leeds or those who really value northern steel!

Custom bronze bushings are £35(N/S seems to be the one that wears out).

Inner tie rods are being worked on.

Looking at having them done in Euro Spec(UK Ratio). So a quick rack for US market cars. I'm still doing some research however I'm struggling to see the point of going any 'faster'.

Would any on here be interested? I need 10 or the above price point.

Post would be at cost on top(Circa £10).

Hi Jason

Sorry I’ve just spotted your post. What racks will your replacement bars and pinions fit?

Cheers

Huw