Brake Servo Reaction Disc

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Before I try a fresh bleed on my brakes this weekend I thought I’d google the symptoms, ie fairly long pedal travel and then they come on real strong with too little modulation.
There’s a few posts online about the ‘Reaction Disc’ in the servo having dropped off the end of the actuating rod giving these symptoms, just wondered if there was any experience of this before I take the m/c off and get in there. I’m sure I cba to take the servo off!

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I stripped the actuation rod out of the end of the servo this afternoon, as suspected the reaction disc was not there. I was on the verge of making a new one but the servo’s only on 4 nuts so 10mins and it was off. I managed to fish the rubber disc out and have glued it to the rod, hopefully I’ll get it all reassembled tomorrow and back out for test, but I’m pretty confident of an improvement.
I’ll be amazed if there isn’t more people suffering this issue, seemed like a real error trap unless you know it’s there and how easily it’s displaced.3C37AF93-9EC6-43B2-AE29-C9053E9AD2EA.jpeg