Brake master cylinder

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Folks

Which is the correct brake master cylinder for a '73 RHD 240Z and where is it obtainable?

Farmer42

Club Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Correct me if I am wrong isn't there a difference between early master cylinder to late in that the front to rear exist holes are reversed.
Was told that to interchange the pipes need to be swop over ?

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
From 09/71 to 06/76 part number 46010-E8701 (Tokico 7/8 diameter) is correct (for RHD cars). I think it is the one in the picture. I have shown a picture of the box so you can get the Tokico part number off it and search via that, rather than the Nissan number.

I believe on LHD cars, the metal brake pipes come out on the other (right) side of the body assembly (looking from inside the car).

Attachments

• DSC00051.JPG
    DSC00051.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Gents

Thank you for the info, I have a 7/8 the master cylinder, it seems to be working fine, buy was interested to see where I could get a replacement if required.

Can I claim an award for the first post where Sean hasn't had an opinion ?? ;)

richiep

Club Member
The 7/8 bore are correct for the earlier cars but a common upgrade is the 15/16 later version (e.g. For cars with typical upgrades, rear discs etc). Wilwood also do a 1" version too - see eBay.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Surprise, surprise !

I was tidying up my garage shelves, and found a 7/8ths master cylinder that I'd bought a couple of years ago and forgot about !!

Ah, the pleasures of old age ;)