Bootlid/spoiler question

baby_ice_dog

Forum User
Hi peoples,
Could anyone suggest what a reasonable price for a secondhand bootlid for a SWB Z32 would be? Mine's rusted away underneath the spoiler, so although it's still doing its job I'm not sure how much longer it'll last. I've been offered a swap with a secondhand one (wrong colour, bit of a dent up one side, but it fits fine and looks solid under the stock spoiler), but the seller doesn't know what to charge so he asked me to make an offer. What's a reasonable value?

On the same subject, I was thinking of replacing the spoiler on the "new" lid with a skin - figured it'd be best to replace it so that this one doesn't suffer the same fate, but I don't really like the look of the higher level spoilers. The ZCentre website has a couple of options (either just the perspex strip, or a skin with a small lip), but neither has the centre brake light. I'd like to keep the brake light if possible, and I'm sure I've seen skins with them before, but now I can't find any! Any suggestions? Sorry if it's an obvious answer - I love owning and driving a Z but I'm really not mechanically minded enough to do anything on it myself :(

Thanks in advance if anyone can help with either of these queries! :)

Mr.F

Inactive
I have an excellent SWB rear hatch in black. no spoiler - cash collect - make ME a sensible offer...:)

baby_ice_dog

Forum User
Haha, Mr F, I meant to ask you about it when we spoke (thanks for the part, by the way, arrived safe and sound and faster than I expected :)), but forgot and then wasn't sure if you dealt with bodywork or not anyway.
Problems though - I'm in Manchester and my only transport is the Z, making collection awkward. The present offer is from Phil at Blackmoor garage, & the beauty of it is that I can just drive up & he'll swap em over. Of course, then I have to find a bodyshop to deal with the spoiler issue :/ What does yours have in place of a spoiler then?

I'd figured SWB hatches would be rare, that's why I was going to jump at this one despite the dent & mismatched colour (car is red, btw). Is this not the case? JeffTT could be a good option for me if he has something appropriate in - Zedworld's not *too* far away, good excuse for a blast down the motorway and a chance to see what the place is like nowadays.
Thanks for the responses, guys :) Still don't have a clue what the things are worth but at least I don't feel such a sense of urgency to grab this one! :p

Mr.F

Inactive
The hatch I have here was on an early NA so is the plain, undrilled skin, no spoiler ever fitted. It had a perspex insert / 3rd. brake light over the ugly rear section, but that was sold earlier.
Exchange might be a possibility, but I would have to get my mechanic in to do it unless you tackle it yourself...it is NOT a one man job.

baby_ice_dog

Forum User
I'll have to say thanks, but no then Mr F. Looking at Zedworld's site, Jeff seems to have a couple of red SWB hatches in, so I'll give him a call. The sills need some attention as well so visiting him would be a good way to combine the jobs :)
I didn't realise the early NAs had that arrangement, just googled for pics of it and that might be the look I'm after. Thanks!