BMW style "Angel Eyes"!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I like these BMW style headlights on a 280ZX!.....
274432_11_full.jpg

Cheerz,
JEZ

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I have an 'angel eyes' kit, bought from the States that you can have for 35 quid - they are Dave Jarmans' now !

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I was just going light shopping on ebay today and was thinking of buying those. That pic just convinced me Thanks!

Wes

Terry B G

Well-Known Forum User
Lights

VERY NICE, but with someone with the skills of a plank is there a wallyguide on how to do the conversion??

and how much would something like that cost??

Terry B G

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
How big are the front headlamps on the 280zx?...This company does a complete headlamp replacement with the angel eyes effect built in!...they're intended for Minis or any car with a 7" diameter lamp.
Angel Eye Lighting

AngelEyesparts.JPG

Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
7"" on the 280, 260 , 240 ! What loading do they require - are relays required to avoid meltdown ?
Nice aren't they !

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
dont the us drive on the right? would the headlights not dip to the right so failing an MOT.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Very nice Jez,

I would probably use them In the spot/foglight mounting
position on my 2+2 & keep the original'z otherwize My car would only
be of any use as a 'display' item at the N.E.C!
Definately not much cop for knightridinnn DJZ 60.:cool:

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
grolls said:
dont the us drive on the right? would the headlights not dip to the right so failing an MOT.

Hi,
They reckon that....."The dipped beam dips straight down so it can be fitted to LHD & RHD cars."?
Therefore you would need to keep your regular lights to swap for use at mot time!
Cheerz,
JEZ

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
JEZ300Z said:
Hi,
They reckon that....."The dipped beam dips straight down so it can be fitted to LHD & RHD cars."?
Therefore you would need to keep your regular lights to swap for use at mot time!
Cheerz,
JEZ

so what your saying is jez, they look fantastic but they are as much use at night as a limp todger at an orgy!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I guess they're not really intended for serious night driving, although they claim to be brighter than old, original headlamps.
How many Zed owners drive their cars at night anyway?:D
Cheerz,
JEZ

adrianfr

Well-Known Forum User
This may be a silly question but why would you want a pair of those on a Z ? May be ok for Chavs on their Novas and Fiestas but on a Z, I dont think so. I expect you will be getting those equally dozy rotating wheel trims next. Disgusted of Kingswood.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I dunno, I "quite" like 'em but have held back due to (a) aggro of changing 'em over and (b) not being 100% convinced. So, they've been sitting in my garage for a while. Hmmmm....

Spinners look OK when they're 24+ inches across and slapped on an Escalade or something, but the other day I saw a girl with them as wheeltrims on a fiesta (I think). Poor things were only tiny and you could clearly see the steel wheel underneath. Not quite so hot...