Blow you own

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
The peace was most definately disturbed last night in the Smyth household.  In the middle of the night the horn on my Z32 decided to activate all by itself.  By the time I woke up, figured where the noise was coming from and pulled on my clothes it had stopped again.  Went out side to investigate and the horn gave another few beeps then all was silent once more.  I disconnected the battery as a precaution any way.

Got any bright (or otherwise) ideas what would have caused this?  BTW there is no alarm fitted, just an immobiliser which is not wired to the horn.

Andrew.

Mr.F

Inactive
For once, this is an area of the Z32 that is no more complicated than any other car - horn push completes circuit to earth which triggers relay which activates horn. No time delays, no motion sensors, no speed sensor input related functions.
The only two culprits to look at are the horn relay itself and whether anything could cause an intermittent earthing in the steering wheel hub - aftermarket wheel fitted, work done on cruise control?

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the reply, Mike.  No work done on the steering wheel or related items.  I'll check the relay.